google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html John Ishii - Moderator for Giving Frames - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Ishii - Moderator for Giving Frames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Ishii - Moderator for Giving Frames

John Ishii has been appointed as the Moderator the Giving Frames Section. John's nick is f8 and be there.
    John Ishii is originally from Seattle Washington. He spent his childhood in Malaysia during the 60ís and 70ís and came back to Malaysia in the early 90í s to continue his photography career. Johnís scope of work encompasses photojournalism, and editorial and commercial photography. John is a professional photographer and former AFP wire photographer and freelance photographer for AP. His work has taken him all over the world although most of his assignments are mostly in Asia. He was assigned by AP to cover the tsunami of 2004 and got the first images out to the world press. His work has been published in USA Today, CNN, Dow Jones publications, Washington Post, Miami Herald, BBC, Tacoma Herald Tribune, Asian Wall St. Journal, Asia Week, Insight Guide books, UNDP, Bangkok Post, New Straits Times, Straits Times Singapore, South China Morning Post, Sydney Morning Herald, UNICEF and UN Nations Development Program, Insight Guide Books publications and in-flight magazines such as MAS going places, China Airlines and Cathy Pacific, Chrome magazine, and Surf magazine. John's Commercial clients include Westin Hotel, the Equatorial Hotel group, Tanjung Rhu resorts and ATSA Architects. John has had his work exhibited at the Malaysian National Art gallery, at the US embassy for the Malaysia 50th anniversary of US and Malaysian relationship photography exhibition, and Child in Asia exhibition at the KL Equatorial. John was also an Advisor to Apple Asia on Aperture and Contributing editor for PC. Com. With those impressive photography credentials John is an excellent choice to be the Moderator of this section.

John's website is HERE

Below are some of John Ishii's work.

Things from above
    Click image for larger version

Name:	John.featured6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	3570107

Burma

Name:	John1.Burma.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	3570109

Makeover

Name:	makeover.jwi_0557.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	3570110

Pardon me...

Name:	Pardon me.jwi_00031.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	3570108
    Yusuf Hashim
    sigpic

Re: John Ishii - Moderator for Giving Frames

I have followed John shooting a couple of times but the way he's able to see things and to capture them is a real talent. Many a time I miss the same things that we see after they were captured and shown to me. And I ask myself "why didn't I?" - reason - those are the eyes of a master. :O0 :O0

Comment

Working...
    X