google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html Interviews from near and afar - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interviews from near and afar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interviews from near and afar

In the next few weeks I'll have some interviews from a leading photojournalist based here in Malaysia and a special guest all the way from Michigan USA.
    Mr. Howard Smith an instructor photography will be showcased in the coming weeks. It will be inspirational and exciting.

Re: Interviews from near and afar

My first guest is from afar, from the great state of Michigan. Howard Smith and I met in photography school some years back in Montana.
    Over the years Howard has traveled through out the United States taking landscape images and now teaches photography in his home state of Michigan.
    Howard is kind enough to share some of his images that he has taken during his travels.
    I will be posting a few of Howards images from time to time. Hope you all enjoy his images.

Comment

The first images was taken in California, when the fog rolls in the Pacific Ocean blanketing the landscape.

In the second image, a lone moose crosses the Jackson River in the Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am looking forward to these type of interviews. It really gives a good glimpse of the life, thoughts, insecurity and tribulations of being a professional photographer.
        Maxby has a facebook too

PhotoSafari - each experience is a different

Comment

This first image here according to Howard has some very historical significance. This image was taken in Manzanar CA. this image is the same place where Ansel Adams took his beautiful Manzanar image many years ago. The importance of this image is that during WW2 Manzanar CA is where all the Japanese Americans such as myself were interned as we were considered a threat to America. The Japanese Americans were put in concentration camps way out in the middle now where so they would not be a threat.
          Now its its just a beautiful desert with a mountain back ground.

The second image was taken in Denali National park in Alaska, during an evening sunset.
          Stay tuned for the interview with Howard, since he is all the way in the US its a bit difficult to get the right time for the interview. Should have it by the time I get back from HK.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the long wait, but I believe that all good things come to those who wait so here goes.
            In the past few weeks I've been searching for a good friend and mentor who I had the pleasure to meet in Seattle Washington many years ago. When I was in the fashion business in Seattle I hired him to some photography work for me. He was just outstanding and so I made a search and he just happened to find me way out here in KL.
            So with out further wait let me introduce to all of you and all the way from Brazil Mr. Galba Sandras.
            A little history of Galba first, Born in Brazil and started in photography in 1978 in the town of Foreleza and then moved to the US in 1980 where he learned commercial photography in Seattle Washington where he lived and worked for over ten years. Then Galba moved to New York where he continued to work in the fashion line. "I decided to work with fashion because it was what came closer to the art work that had brought me to photography in the first place". However the demands of a commercial photographer has put him in contact with many different aspects of photography, giving him the opportunity to learn and apply his talents and creativity.
            Back in Brazil since 1996 where he resides and works Galba still shoots commercial photography in the area of advertising and fashion. And Galba still continues to further his love for fine art photography.
            Hope you enjoy Galbas Sandras work.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here two of Galba's fine art photography work.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X