google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html Galba Sandras - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galba Sandras

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galba Sandras

I've decided create a new thread for Galba as his images well deserve a separate thread.
    I wrote quite a bit of his bio in the near and a far thread so you can see more of his story there. I'll rewrite that in this thread later and I'll repost the 4 images I've put there to in his own thread. Don't mind just bear with me for a bit.

For our members, here is a small interview I put together on Galba Sandras.

1. Where did you go to photo school in Seattle?
    I went to Seattle Community College and graduated in 1987.

2. What is it like to be a fashion photographer in New York City? Scary, fun challenging?
    It was a learning experience, There you are surrounded by the best, and the top photographers on this planet. You learn that you to do the best you can and have no
    excuses because the market demands nothing but the best. Its everything fun,scary and always challenging. Its a big market with good possibilities for photographers at every level.

3. When you went from film to digital was it difficult for you?
    First I resisted, and I hung on to my Pentax 6 x7 until it got stolen, then I realized that digital was here to stay. Today I love working with digital cameras but I am very happy to have gone through the
    film experience.

4. What do you think of the new fashion photographers of today? Less talent ? Just cheap?
    With today's technology its is much easier for one to start shooting, however experience is what makes a good photographer. Many people with non pro gear are able do
    work that is marginal quality for much lower price thus bringing down quality and value way down.

5. Do you see yourself doing fine art photography and getting away from commercial photography?
    Since the beginning I imagined myself putting more energy in my artwork since that was the main reason why I got into commercial photography. Art work demands refinement and more will come with time.

Well I hope this gives some inspiration to all our members.
    Thanks very much.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by f8 and be there; 17-02-2011, 10:32 PM.

Re: Galba Sandras

As I mentioned before Galba resides in Brazil and is one the top fashion and advertising photographers in Brazil. He is a very good friend of mine who I've known for many years when he was living and working in Seattle Washington as a commercial photographer there.
    I hope his images will be inspirational to all the PM members. I've been working hard trying to get photographers from all over to share their work. I hope you enjoy this series from Mr. Sandras.
    Attached Files

Comment

These images are Galbas fine art work that he does for himself. Since photographic gear is very very expensive in Brazil he's been using a Nikon D300 for most of his work. So it goes to show you that its the photographer and not the gear that makes the picture.
      Attached Files

Comment

One of Galba's editorial shots.
        Attached Files

Comment

Impressive indeed. His creativity and planning to details is impressive.

Love his work.

Comment

Here are two beautifully done shots by Galba.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here two fine art images done by Galba Sandras.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X