bazooka shooting in KL bird park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bazooka shooting in KL bird park

war since everyone posting their KL bird bird pictures i oso follow ler. well as an introduction...in the bird park i'm 99% all the time with my sigma 170-500 (my bazooka) n oso with ivanchong (war sounds so gay ) so...thats all. enjoy! n C&C r totally welcome with open hands

spotted dove spotted by me about 10-15 meters away

my 1st bazooka victim for the day. a pied imperial pigeon just about 5 meters away

this little cattle egret is busy looking for food while i'm busy enjoying my time shooting at it

an elegant look from the world's most gorgeous bird

this milky stork is just busy looking at me all the time maybe waiting for me to take a portraiture of it so i take only

this little hill mynah is just 4 meters away from me so i took a shot of it with flash n then it flew away

great egret resting under the trees

well i think thats all from me now. still got a lot havent process yet n now have to deal with uni report plak
    Last edited by cfyung85; 01-08-2006, 10:56 AM.

Re: bazooka shooting in KL bird park

Pretty good. I'm wondering, with the 170-500mm shouldn't you be able to get a closer and tighter shot? Do some post process and the pictures will turn out much better.

Comment

The webster thinks the shots are pretty good but somehow seem to lack something which he himself is not sure what it was.

The webster also wonders if this birdie is a fan of Micheal Jackson's Smooth criminal
      Originally posted by cfyung85
      this little cattle egret is busy looking for food while i'm busy enjoying my time shooting at it
      [I]if quentin T shave off all his hair, then he will be handsome abd botak like me...[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by noordin
        Pretty good. I'm wondering, with the 170-500mm shouldn't you be able to get a closer and tighter shot? Do some post process and the pictures will turn out much better.
        THNX for the comments noordin yes it is true with 170-500mm i can get even closer without any need for cropping (infact none of the photos above r cropped) but i just feel that if the bird were to be so big to fit the whole frame then i'll feel a bit hard to breath (too tight)

but again this is very subjective as some might prefer tighter framing while others (like me) prefer a less tighter frame

Originally posted by webster
        The webster thinks the shots are pretty good but somehow seem to lack something which he himself is not sure what it was.
        nvm webster this post will not run anywhere so webster got a lot of time to think THNX for the comments webster

Comment

Hey cfyung, it was a fun time shooting with you. With your 170-500mm you can shoot at a very far point while I had to crawl and climb up and down so that i can be close to the subject, haha. Vey nice photos you got there, post more man ! Personally, I prefer putting the subject on the left or right, instead of in the middle

Comment

Few corrections on bird name

Pied Imperial Pigeon

Cattle egret

Hill Myna
            http://www.pbase.com/kelvin_khor

Comment

Those picture is nice, if bg can be control it will be look better.

Comment

Hi cfyung85,

You've done well to get some sharp images there even though you had to contend with f6.3 at the widest. Perhaps what noordin meant is that a closer crop would bring good focus on the bird itself. With such a shallow DOF, it's a thin line to consider whether to leave the OOF background in the picture or to leave it out completely. Sometimes it makes a much better picture if you don't try and cram too many things/elements into one picture. As long as there are no obvious distractions to lead your eyes away from the picture then it's fine whether you leave in a little of the background or not.

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread to post some closeup examples I took on the same day.

Last edited by sharpshooter; 31-07-2006, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ivanchong
                  Hey cfyung, it was a fun time shooting with you. With your 170-500mm you can shoot at a very far point while I had to crawl and climb up and down so that i can be close to the subject, haha. Vey nice photos you got there, post more man ! Personally, I prefer putting the subject on the left or right, instead of in the middle
                  THNX for the comments ivan haha its nice shooting with u too! n its funny looking how u crawl up n down the hills trying to shoot the birds but actually 170 at the wide end really suc a bit cos its so hard for me to shoot a bird close to me the reason i put my subject in the middle in the center circle is bcos i'm using center weighted metering so its easier to get a good exposure anyway i'll try n process my photos faster but due to the uni report that i need to pass up this coming friday its really a big headache now

say ivan...really tak mau tukar system ar? tukar la...tukar to nikon then next time i can borrow my lens for u to play with olympus too cold la...
                  Last edited by cfyung85; 31-07-2006, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin K
                    Few corrections on bird name

Pied Imperial Pigeon

Cattle egret

Hill Myna
                    number 2 i'm not so sure bcos in the net n cicakman birding pics dun have it

number 7 is confirmed a great egret from both net n cicakman birding pics (soli nikon pimp have to culi tengok your bird photos for bird name )

number 6...nothing to say...all the hill myna just looks the same

Comment

Originally posted by sharpshooter
                      Hi cfyung85,

You've done well to get some sharp images there even though you had to contend with f6.3 at the widest. Perhaps what noordin meant is that a closer crop would bring good focus on the bird itself. With such a shallow DOF, it's a thin line to consider whether to leave the OOF background in the picture or to leave it out completely. Sometimes it makes a much better picture if you don't try and cram too many things/elements into one picture. As long as there are no obvious distractions to lead your eyes away from the picture then it's fine whether you leave in a little of the background or not.

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread to post some closeup examples I took on the same day.
                      THNX for the comments sharpshooter! n oso dun forget most of my photos r at iso800 i still remember i stunned u when i show u i'm using iso 1250 to shoot a duck far away to show ivan that "that is a duck" dun mind the hijacking at all but seeing your bird photos...oh mama...
                      Last edited by cfyung85; 01-08-2006, 12:00 AM.

Comment

THNX for the comments ivan haha its nice shooting with u too! n its funny looking how u crawl up n down the hills trying to shoot the birds but actually 170 at the wide end really suc a bit cos its so hard for me to shoot a bird close to me the reason i put my subject in the middle in the center circle is bcos i'm using center weighted metering so its easier to get a good exposure anyway i'll try n process my photos faster but due to the uni report that i need to pass up this coming friday its really a big headache now

say ivan...really tak mau tukar system ar? tukar la...tukar to nikon then next time i can borrow my lens for u to play with olympus too cold la...
                        cfyung, i cant stop myself from laughing reading the last sentence, haha. You been darkening me to the nikon side since the first moment you saw my camera But serious speaking, should Olympus not coming out with a pro body soon, I may consider a D200 or 30D

No wonder, you are on center weighted. Nevermind, go slow with the post processing, we are patience people

Comment

Originally posted by ivanchong
                          cfyung, i cant stop myself from laughing reading the last sentence, haha. You been darkening me to the nikon side since the first moment you saw my camera But serious speaking, should Olympus not coming out with a pro body soon, I may consider a D200 or 30D

No wonder, you are on center weighted. Nevermind, go slow with the post processing, we are patience people
                          even if olympus come out new pro body i still continue to darken u to join the darkside until u fall to the darkside okla just joking man. the choice is up to u to decide but olympus just came out E330 not too long ago so it should be some time before a pro body say E2 will come out to replace the E1

Comment

another 1 coming up. veli tired from doing all those stupid report so waste some time to process 1 more photo

caught this white pelican having some fun under the bright sunlight (veli bright till it pain my eyes ) just infront of the waterfall. i burst around 8 pics of it while it is turning 360' while flapping its wings

Comment

number 2 i'm not so sure bcos in the net n cicakman birding pics dun have it

number 7 is confirmed a great egret from both net n cicakman birding pics (soli nikon pimp have to culi tengok your bird photos for bird name )

number 6...nothing to say...all the hill myna just looks the same
                              Wah! I am being used as a Bird Reference now ah? My ID skills are also quite rojak so beware!

chien

Comment

Working...
                              X