google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html Merdeka Palace, Kuching in HDR - PhotoMalaysia - Malaysia's Largest Photography Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merdeka Palace, Kuching in HDR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merdeka Palace, Kuching in HDR

HDR from single RAW.
    c&c's are most welcome...

Re: Merdeka Palace, Kuching in HDR

The building appears to be falling down though it may not be possible to shoot this building at this angle without a special lens, I would suggest you find another angle where you can shoot the building adequately without have to use an ultra-wide angle rectilinear lens and tilting it up.

Tilting an ultra wide-angle lens up would normally exaggerate the "tombstoning" effect it produces on buildings.

Speaking about composition however, the building looks like it is framed too tight and that plus the angling up makes viewers feel rather strained when looking at the image.

In terms of HDR... well... my personal preference is to have it enhance the image without making it look unnatural or fake. IMHO, the HDR for this shot can be a little less heavy-handed and it would still look good.

BTW... watch out for artifacts on HDR images near areas of intense highlights, note the car light trail near the bottom left of the image. These need to be corrected before the HDR image can be considered complete.
    Blog : www-stevenleong-com/blog

Comment

senget~
      BUY FILM NOT MEGAPIXEL

Comment

HDR from a single file will never reveal the range you get from multiple exposures (hence the reason hdr is short for high dynamic range).

It is meant to reveal the details in shadows and highlights. Although there is no rule on the finishing effect of hdr, this one tends to look like a 3 year old color drawing. Try to focus on 'normal' shots first, learning about composition, light and so on. Once you get the hang of that, start slowly experimenting with other techniques. Keep shooting !
        [URL="http://www.loveanda35.com"]Portfolio / Blog / Photography Course[/URL] | [URL="http://instagram.com/loveanda35#"]Instagram[/URL] | [URL="https://twitter.com/loveanda35"]Twitter[/URL]

Comment

The building looks charred and on fire!

Comment

i think this hdr is reasonably well for a newbie with only 3 posts.
            may i know which software you used please?

Comment

my humble opinion....i like the "hdr" colours....they give that "gloomy" effect to the shot.

Comment

it looks like from some video game..

Comment

Working...
                X