January 2012 Photo Contest
OPEN for Submission!
Luxurious Prizes to be WON!
- Year End Grand Prize: TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Year End First Runner Up: TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Year End Second Runner Up: TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Monthly Prizes: Canon product
photo by mrjohn88
Now – 31 January 2012
All entries MUST follow the following guidelines, if not the entry will be disqualified without notification.
1. Image Size: 500-1000 pixels on the maximum side. No restriction on minimum side. (eg. 1000x400 or 200x1000 pixels)
2. File Size & Type Requirement: 1MB maximum; JPEG with EXIF intact.
3. Submit using the ATTACHMENT function in this thread. Hot-linked images will be disqualified. Post a reply to this thread with your entry and the number of the entry.
4. One photo per theme per member. You are not allowed to change your entries once submitted.
5. Do not include a watermark in your image.
6. No borders/frames are allowed.
7. Any comments or unrelated posts will be deleted without warning.
8. Entrants MUST type “Agree to Canon-PhotoMalaysia Contest Terms and Conditions” when replying/uploading images to the contest. Without the above phrase, entries will be disqualified. Please read and understand the T&C in the post below.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Please click on the link below for questions and answers. This thread is ONLY for entries of this month competition.
PhotoMalaysia 2012 Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
• Entrant must possess all necessary rights of the submitted photographs for the competitions.
• Submitted photographs must not have won any previous competitions, and must not have been previously published either in any print or online media.
• The organizer reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet with these criteria, and their decision will be final and non negotiable.
How to Enter
• PhotoMalaysia will publish a contest thread in the following board every month: http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/...splay.php?f=27 .Submissions will be accepted the moment the thread comes alive. The submission thread will be closed at 9 pm or thereabouts on the last day of each month, and no entries will be entertained once the thread is closed. If you wish to participate, please ensure that you submit your entries well before the thread closure. It is intended that a new monthly competition thread will be opened one or two days before the first day of each month.
• Entrants must upload their entries to the Current Contest thread. Each photographer is allowed only one entry per month per theme.
• Entrants must type “Agree to PhotoMalaysia Contest Terms and Conditions” when replying/uploading images to the contest. Without the above phrase, entries will be disqualified.
• Maximum size per JPEG image uploading to the competition page: 1 MegaBytes (max: 1000 x 1000 pixels).
• All images submitted must have all EXIF info intact which must at least include camera used, aperture used, shutter speed, ISO and date taken.
• Original image must be at least from a 4 MegaPixels digital camera. Winners must later submit original image to PhotoMalaysia before prize to be given out. Photographers that failed to submit original images with the above requirements (original unedited image, 4MP, high quality with EXIF intact) will be disqualified and prize will be forfeited.
• For film users, winners must scan the film with a high resolution scanner (at least 1200 x 1800 dpi) and submit to PhotoMalaysia before prize to be given out. Photographers that failed to submit the high resolution scan images will be disqualified and winning status will be revoked.
Prizes (Sponsored by Canon Malaysia)
• Each month a Canon product will be given out to winner of the particular month.
• Monthly winners are entitled for the year end Grand Prizes.
• A Panel of Jurors will select 10 photos from the entries. The decision of the Panel of Jurors shall be final and non negotiable. By submitting an entry in the competition you signify your acceptance of all the rules of this competition.
• PhotoMalaysia reserves the right to overrule voting results and to disqualify or appoint new winner at any time.
• PhotoMalaysia will not discuss or respond to any inquiries or comments regarding the contest results.
Notification to Winners
• Monthly winners will be notified via email or private message at PhotoMalaysia forum by PhotoMalaysia within 7-14 days after the Panel of Jurors has made the decision.
• PhotoMalaysia’s members are advised to update their members’ information especially email in PhotoMalaysia to avoid break in communication.
• Should there be no response from the winners by the requested date, winning status may be revoked.
• Winners must submit high resolution JPEG or RAW images (see File Format for minimum requirements) to the organizer for such purposes as the production of publications, exhibitions, etc. Failure to do so will revoke the winning status. Submitted work and storage media will not be returned.
Rights of Entrant
• Entrants retain all copyrights and other equivalent rights to the entered photographs; the organizer will possess rights as stated below in “Rights of the Organizer.”
Rights of the Organizer (PhotoMalaysia)
• PhotoMalaysia as the organizer reserves the permanent non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, and show on screen any winning photograph on web sites, photo exhibitions, trade shows, prints, or any other media which is under the management of the organizer. In all cases where such photographs are used, the organizer reserves the right to do so without obtaining the further prior permission of the winner and without offering any further compensation in any form.
• PhotoMalaysia reserves the permanent non-exclusive right to give permission to its subsidiaries and affiliates to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, and show on screen any winning photograph on web sites, photo exhibitions, trade shows, prints, or any other media which is under the management of the subsidiaries and affiliates of the organizer. In all cases where such photographs are used, the organizer reserves the right to do so without obtaining the further prior permission of the winner and without offering any further compensation in any form.
• In the event that an entry is found to contravene the entry requirements stated by the organizer, that entry will be disqualified. Entrants will, however, not be notified of such a judgment. PhotoMalaysia reserves the right to revoke winner status and revoke any awarded prize in the event that an entrant is found to be unsuitable after the prize is awarded.