As this month winner, nagacyber will be walking away with a Canon Ixus A1000IS, sponsored by Canon Malaysia and is entitled to enter the year end competition for Best of Year 2008 to win the grand prize of Canon EOS 500D Digital SLR Camera + EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS Lens, sponsored by Canon Malaysia.
All March 2009 entries can be viewed at:
Judges' comments on photos:
- 50 - Like the composition, colors and natural bokeh. Would have been better if the photographer cropped it at 1:1 aspect ratio.
- 66 - Quality of bokeh easily demonstrated with close up shots like this. Simple but effective. Exposure should have been adjusted a little in post processing.
- 68 - Another classic demonstration of how bokeh can be effective in a composition like this.
- 71 - Very effective and powerful image, with great bokeh. Easily draws my attention to the cat's eyes.
- 87 - One of the very few images in this set that uses front bokeh to frame the shot. Simple play of shapes and colours, creating a very powerful image. One of my favourite!
- 100-Image taken tastefully without blurring too much of the background so that it still gain relevance to the subject in front.
- 129-Nicely done with nice creamy bokeh but not too sure if the flower in focus has been tweak to white deliberately in post processing.
- 180-Nice front and back bokeh using repetitive shapes of the durian thorns. Well thought and nicely captured.
- 197-Another simple but effective (bokeh) image with nice splash of colours in the background.
- 243-Nice composition with juxtaposition of shapes and colours, with nice bokeh in the background.
- 071 - beautiful available light image with good capture of the moment of the cat
- 088 - featuring the subject in her environment with good contrast of color and atmostphere with some skill in post-processing
- 100 - forgetable, very common. good capture, room to improve in terms of composition and post-processing
- 168 - good capture and post-processing, room to improve in terms of composition
- 207 - beautiful image, good post-processing skill, more dynamic composition may improve further
- 243 - good use of color, light source coming from the side which render the subject in shadow. this picture looks like a composite of 2 images
Voting Thread for the pre-selected 10 photos by our judges at: