Streets in Japan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streets in Japan

Hi, i want to share some photos taken during my first backpacking experience to Osaka on Feb 2012. Kinda weak in finding angles for good travel photo but i guess i did produced some presentable photos. Critics is most welcome, where is the weakness and place that can be improve. Photos were taken using a Canon 500D with 18-55mm Lens.

Name:  f3aa2c3410c5ff73277362897b905db1.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  243.9 KB
    Tsutenkaku Tower
    There are tons of restaurants around the tower. Moreover, its a favorite place for the salaryman to visit as they have cheap but good beer as well as the local delicacy served. Drinking is one of the best way to release their stress after long hour of working. When they finished drinking, they will bow to each other a lot to say goodbye (In polite way). Im impressed with their manners, like seriously a lot.

Name:  d375bb3ae4652f7f067e7b0efea79893.jpg
Size:  216.2 KB
    Traffic.Walk.
    I took this shot from a rooftop of a shopping mall near tennoji, i realized it was so common for shops to do promotion and advertising strategy near the traffic area as there are numbers of Pedestrian will actually gather and wait for the light to cross the street. If u can notice the guy in red holding a board, he has some promotion music playing and shouting at the same time to attract people to their shop.

Name:  a37442e397a3a87eac4e5d225e74f836.jpg
Size:  187.5 KB
    When i was in Japan, i always amazed by how many numbers of Japanese dine outside than eating at home, because i found out that in most of the restaurant, including japanese restaurants and fast food chain, people actually queue long to purchase food. Which is surprising me because in my country Malaysia, you don't have to queue long for food unless the food are really good.

Name:  ea1073fc6b0d56cd9a5ee5cd882b1a31.jpg
Size:  285.7 KB
    bicycles and bicyclist across the places. Would you cycle to School, Work, Shopping in Malaysia? nah, its too HOT! =D

Tsutenkaku Tower
    Name:  45d77559920fe092894bb97acbbdbb6e.jpg
Size:  203.6 KB

Original size photos available @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/6225780...ream/lightbox/
    Last edited by basnojj; 06-04-2012, 03:06 AM.

Re: Streets in Japan

Nice travel stories.....no 3 MacD my favorite....

Comment

Get closer. It looks like tourists photos and there are thousands if not millions around the net. Take your time to understand the people and the environment and get involved.
      Maxby has a facebook too

PhotoSafari - each experience is a different

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Love the picture explanation though.

Comment

been there for 5 weeks, yokohama and tokyo...
          i got less pic then gajet... crazy about all photo shop and accessory, i spent almost RM20K over there...hahahaha...

Comment

Wrong Subjects?

I think that you were focused on the wrong subject for street photography in these. The environment seems deliberate but the humans seem to be an afterthought.
            Buy my art

Comment

these are outstanding shots!

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the comment and critics, i think i really need to understand what's street photography before i post them out.. Frankly, there can't be consider street photography and it just like one of the millions tourist shot found in the internet.. Your critics and comments will truly inspire me to learn more ! Thanks!

Comment

Nice neon there at Osaka. Prefer to have more engagement with your subject, in this case the human interest Ie, when you have said: "When they finished drinking, they will bow to each other a lot to say goodbye (In polite way)", why not wait for their moment and show us their utmost respect to each other

Comment

the street of the first pic look like the screen i saw in korea..lolx

Comment

nice shots

Comment

tokyo was an eye opener, nice shots mate

Comment

Originally posted by whatsaysjimmy View Post
                          tokyo was an eye opener, nice shots mate
                          It's osaka btw

Comment

Thanks for all the comments mate ! Will shoot more street photography whenever i have the chance to.. =D and true, you'll need to understand the culture in depth to get better result.

Comment

Working...
                            X