google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html Underwater with the 6D - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underwater with the 6D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underwater with the 6D

Using a Dicapac underwater casing with the 6D, which scares me so much knowing only these plastics is keeping away water from coming in. It wasn't easy, especially the camera tries to float back up. Here's a recent trip from Redang Island. Equipment used:
    Canon 6D, Dicapac WP-S10, 17-40mm f/4L.

1. Great looking coral there.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0856.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	3667222

2. They tied a rope for a floating jetty upfront of the coral.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0710.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	3667223

Thank you.

Re: Underwater with the 6D

wow.. not bad! i should get underwater casing too.
    Insta: whitelensstudio

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you that those are abused corals. So much of destruction of something so beautiful. If you want to see how beautiful corals are, you need to go to remote dive sites. Even Sipadan, Mabul and it's surrounding areas are feeling the strain of the influx of tourist from China

Comment

Originally posted by adavirus View Post
        wow.. not bad! i should get underwater casing too.
        Ofcourse you should, it's around RM250-ish i think. Can't remember BUT it's a bit of a hassle cause of the lense casing will get in the way cause it's a bit long so when you use wide angle lenses it'll be vignetting by the side so you have to make sure you pull the lense part of the underwater casing.

Comment

Originally posted by teokf View Post
          Sorry to disappoint you that those are abused corals. So much of destruction of something so beautiful. If you want to see how beautiful corals are, you need to go to remote dive sites. Even Sipadan, Mabul and it's surrounding areas are feeling the strain of the influx of tourist from China
          No i'm not dissapointed. The guy who took us told me earlier, but i just try to make the best of it. He brought us to another place with no dead corals but it was too deep for me to swim without any tank. So i just swim in and look from far as it was my first time swimming in the sea with no jacket which was pretty scary. This pictures were taken from a snorkelling place which is only 2m deep probably. Thank you though.

Comment

nice
            always wanted to bring my 6D underwater instead of boring gopro

Comment

Working...
            X