google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html My First Trip - Mabul/Sipadan/Kapalai - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Trip - Mabul/Sipadan/Kapalai

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Trip - Mabul/Sipadan/Kapalai

Well thanks to Eskasi and my new friends at Scuba Dynamics I managed a 5 day trip to Mabul, Sipadan and Kapalai two weeks ago.

Here are a few shots. The rest can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/pxguru/

The macro shots were Nikon D300, Micro Nikkor 105mm with +4dioptre wet lens

Wide angle were D300 and Tokina 12-24 (I hadn't got my 10-17 at this point - I have it now though!!!)

Hope u like them
    Attached Files

Re: My First Trip - Mabul/Sipadan/Kapalai

wow... there is heaven under the water...

nice shot...

i'm going this month...
    www.flickr.com/asmawiyusof

Comment

Awesome stuff bro! I am glad things worked out for you with the recommendations

Great shots! I love the double ribbon eel shot! Lucky to see them together like that!

Kay Burn

Comment

Originally posted by Eskasi View Post

Great shots! I love the double ribbon eel shot! Lucky to see them together like that!

Kay Burn
        Yeah - pretty lucky - I'd takena black ribbon eel about 2 minutes earlier then came across this mating pair - found them and the pygmy seahorse under the Seaventure platform. Didn't get as much time as I would have liked to compose shots of the macro stuff thanks to a pair of 60yr old Japanese divers that monopolised every creature find and managed to destroy the reef and the surroundings pretty effectively...

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by pxguru View Post
          Yeah - pretty lucky - I'd takena black ribbon eel about 2 minutes earlier then came across this mating pair - found them and the pygmy seahorse under the Seaventure platform. Didn't get as much time as I would have liked to compose shots of the macro stuff thanks to a pair of 60yr old Japanese divers that monopolised every creature find and managed to destroy the reef and the surroundings pretty effectively...

Steve
          nice shots bro. maybe someday we dive Lembeh together...
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

nice series bro! i like the turtle pic
            www.flickr.com/suhaimisalleh

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatic View Post
              nice shots bro. maybe someday we dive Lembeh together...
              Hey hope so..I wanted to go sometime in June and dive with NAD but Air Asia flights seemed to be always full and they are only flying around 3 times per week. Going via Singapore seems expensive too...oh well, will have to try and plan work better to give me time off!

Comment

your shots are amazing + wow!

my knowledge on marine-life photography is well "below" newbie level & I have a question....won't the fish (pic #1) just quickly swim away as you approach it?

Comment

Wonderful capture indeed !
                  Well done !

Comment

Originally posted by a1johnk View Post
                    your shots are amazing + wow!

my knowledge on marine-life photography is well "below" newbie level & I have a question....won't the fish (pic #1) just quickly swim away as you approach it?
                    Quick answer - no...that fish was a blenny (and blennies tend to live in holes in the sand,into which they retreat when threatened). Actually I was luck that the fish poked his head out far enough and turned to look at me. Normally they ar every timid and hide when a diver approaches.

See pic below which was taken just prior to the original shot.. you can see it poking out from the sand.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pxguru View Post
                      Quick answer - no...that fish was a blenny (and blennies tend to live in holes in the sand,into which they retreat when threatened). Actually I was luck that the fish poked his head out far enough and turned to look at me. Normally they ar every timid and hide when a diver approaches.

See pic below which was taken just prior to the original shot.. you can see it poking out from the sand.
                      ah! an extensive knowledge of the subject's behaviour, a sharp eye & the ability to anticipate its next move!....the "blenny" looked like it knew you were there & "posed" for you....I'm impressed....thanks for sharing!

Comment

Amazing shots guru!!!!

Your macro work are sublime.

Ketam hate it when other divers hog the creatures. But surprised to learn they are Japs. Normally they are the more discipline ones hehehe.

Comment

..great series...lov the turtle angle...

Comment

Nice set! Love the double ribbon eels, so lucky to get both in the same hole

Comment

I like the green thingy.

Comment

Working...
                              X