• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder Rigs for DSLR Videos

Any recommendation?

Re: Shoulder Rigs for DSLR Videos

Yup, any recommendations folks?
    I am still looking for one unit for my new GH2.
    Would you believe that for such simple device, which is made out of some aluminium rods, moulded ABS plastics and some knobs, it would cost around USD 1,200.00 !!!
    It costs more than the camera!
    Brands we know of are Redrock Micro, Zacuto, Cavision......
    Come on, not all of us are from Hollywood! or for that matter Bollywood (made in India ones)
    Just got a quote from Ningbo from China.....also cost around USD 1,200.000!!!
    What da heck!
    Help!

Maybe better go get some old bicycle parts......ha!ha!

Regards

Comment

Went to Digicolour @ Kompleks Mutiara yesterday. They are selling Spider cam shoulder rig for RM350 but currently no stock. Benzzo stabilizer for RM280 (not really shoulder). Here's the Benzzo:
      http://www.dgcoloronline.com/v2/prod...id=50&pid=1039
      Conquer Challenges. No Compromise.

Comment

Are you looking for shoulder rig with follow focus and as well as mattbox etc? if so, try googling a brand from india. they make quite a good shoulder rig including follow focus etc. It's approximately 1-2k rm.

Comment

Yes.
          The ones made in India is pretty good but they follow US high prices leh.
          E-image from China looks cook but also costly about Rm3,600.00!!!
          Rgds.

Originally posted by kang17 View Post
          Are you looking for shoulder rig with follow focus and as well as mattbox etc? if so, try googling a brand from india. they make quite a good shoulder rig including follow focus etc. It's approximately 1-2k rm.

Comment

I forgot what's the name for the rig, but I'll get back to u.. If u are comparing with zacuto, red rock etc.. These are commercialized rigs.. If including follow focus and Matt box etc, it's gonna cost more than that..

Comment

I found it! it's called the "proaim shoulder mount" check it out.

Comment

Anyone know where to get it in Malaysia? Or Penang? I'm talking bout the Proaim Shoulder Rig. Looks good! Anyone else with experience on other shoulder rigs?

Comment

Originally posted by sKiZZiT View Post
                  Anyone know where to get it in Malaysia? Or Penang? I'm talking bout the Proaim Shoulder Rig. Looks good! Anyone else with experience on other shoulder rigs?
                  I've friends ordering it from ebay postage is around 100rm I think. What do you plan to shoot with shoulder rig?

Comment

I'm doing videos for anything at all, birthday parties, weddings, events, commercial, etc... Ebay, eh? I'll go scout around too then!

Comment

I'm doing videos for anything at all, birthday parties, weddings, events, commercial, etc... Ebay, eh? I'll go scout around too then!
                      I won't recommend using shoulder rig for birthday parties, wedding, events etc. Unless u are doing major production then u may have to considering using shoulder rig with follow focus, matt box etc. It's really up to u. To me shoulder rig is way to much for birthday parties, wedding etc. So bothering carrying such a massive equipment around. It's really up to u. Yes ebay has it.

Comment

Erm, that's why I'm looking for a mobile one... For parties, weddings, events, I'm always carrying two tripods, one glidecam, one glidetrack, two monopods, three (sometimes four) cameras, etc. So, adding one shoulder rig won't be too much

Comment

Erm, that's why I'm looking for a mobile one... For parties, weddings, events, I'm always carrying two tripods, one glidecam, one glidetrack, two monopods, three (sometimes four) cameras, etc. So, adding one shoulder rig won't be too much
                          Sweet. Have you gotten what you need?

For me, this is insane for you to have so much rig if you are traveling around but it's good stuff if u know what you are doing.

Comment

Haven't gotten what I'm looking for

lovecyndi's LYN link is not bad, and cheap too. I might try that!

Comment

How much you plan to spend on a rig?

Comment

Working...
                              X