google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html 3 Axis Gimbal stabilizer review - PhotoMalaysia Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Axis Gimbal stabilizer review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Axis Gimbal stabilizer review

It's been a while since I posted here. So, I bought a 3 Axis Brushless Gimbal Stabilizer (CAME 7000 - 32bit) a month and a half ago and this is what it looks like:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	3664688

The seller is based in China and their product is well known in the filming industry. Considering all the 3 Axis Brushless Gimbal brand names like Movi, Vavaron Birdy & DJI Ronin, the CAME 7000 32bit is the most inexpensive product so far. There are many similar gimbals popping up on Ebay that are less expensive but they do not offer customer service. Plus, some of them doesn't come with the controller board and the IMUs, battery and charger. You only get the Gimbal frame. Believe me, you will need a good customer service if things doesn't work well. My Gimbal came with a defect controller board and ended up having them resend me a replacement. The CAME 7000 arrived disassembled and with no manual but they do have installation guide tutorial videos on their website. They now have the CAME 7500 for a couple of hundreds more but come pre-assembled. I personally think the assembling part is pretty fun plus you get to know the system better. For those who have no prior experience with the gimbal system like myself, it was a deep learning curve. Fortunately, we have people like cheesycam.com who constantly offered his tutorial videos for beginners. Trust me, you will need all the help you can get to make this Gimbal working properly. There are countless people came close to being admitted to the mental institution, including myself, but patience always pays off. After putting all the parts together, you will need to balance it. Now comes the hardest part, configuring the Gimbal using a software called "SimpleBCG" from basecamelectronics.com. You will need a usb cable to connect the controller board to your pc using SimpleBCG software to fine tune your Gimbal. This is where most people are stuck. As of today, I have completed my configuration and the Gimbal is ready to fly. I will post more updates in the coming days.

Here is a couple of videos put up by other users:

Re: 3 Axis Gimbal stabilizer review

Looks like a 'must have' gadget for wedding videographers using DSLRs.

Comment

Originally posted by cheetah99 View Post
      It's been a while since I posted here. So, I bought a 3 Axis Brushless Gimbal Stabilizer (CAME 7000 - 32bit) a month and a half ago and this is what it looks like:
      [ATTACH]303968[/ATTACH]

The seller is based in China and their product is well known in the filming industry. Considering all the 3 Axis Brushless Gimbal brand names like Movi, Vavaron Birdy & DJI Ronin, the CAME 7000 32bit is the most inexpensive product so far. There are many similar gimbals popping up on Ebay that are less expensive but they do not offer customer service. Plus, some of them doesn't come with the controller board and the IMUs, battery and charger. You only get the Gimbal frame. Believe me, you will need a good customer service if things doesn't work well. My Gimbal came with a defect controller board and ended up having them resend me a replacement. The CAME 7000 arrived disassembled and with no manual but they do have installation guide tutorial videos on their website. They now have the CAME 7500 for a couple of hundreds more but come pre-assembled. I personally think the assembling part is pretty fun plus you get to know the system better. For those who have no prior experience with the gimbal system like myself, it was a deep learning curve. Fortunately, we have people like cheesycam.com who constantly offered his tutorial videos for beginners. Trust me, you will need all the help you can get to make this Gimbal working properly. There are countless people came close to being admitted to the mental institution, including myself, but patience always pays off. After putting all the parts together, you will need to balance it. Now comes the hardest part, configuring the Gimbal using a software called "SimpleBCG" from basecamelectronics.com. You will need a usb cable to connect the controller board to your pc using SimpleBCG software to fine tune your Gimbal. This is where most people are stuck. As of today, I have completed my configuration and the Gimbal is ready to fly. I will post more updates in the coming days.

Here is a couple of videos put up by other users:

hows it so far... my partner also bought this... have not had much chance to play around with it yet. we got the CAME-7500 model

Comment

gimbal is a must have.. trying to shoot with gopro without gimbal looks shaky while moving even it is small...

Comment

I've assembled one of these DIY 3-axis gimbals lately and here's my experience:-

Pros
          ===
          1. It's relatively cheap compared to a MOVI or RONIN.
          2. It works well, you could stabilised a FX DSLR with a proper lens mounted
          3. There are a tons of parameters you can customise. e.g. control parameters, offsets, yaw rates, external inputs.
          4. It's fairly easy to repair if anything goes wrong as you can Ebay all the parts online.

Cons
          ===
          1. It comes with virtually no documentation and you have to search for all the details online
          2. The parts don't fit together all perfectly and you'll have to make a few trips to pasar road to get all you components
          3. The YAW follow sometimes skips if you turn too fast. It's a heavy set-up and the motors cannot counter the inertia. So turn slowly
          4. You have to learn how to handle LIPO batteries properly.
          5. The whole setup is quite heavy once you've setup your DSLR, prepare to go to the GYM.
          6. Be prepared to spend lots of time on your computer tuning the balancing controls parameters. It's a bit of trial and error exercise

Comment

Originally posted by gerald View Post

hows it so far... my partner also bought this... have not had much chance to play around with it yet. we got the CAME-7500 model
            my apology as I haven't had the time to post on this forum, I ended up returning the CAME 7000 because it was not user friendly and the most annoying part is the parameters configuration.

Comment

Working...
            X