Video settings canon hdslr user

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video settings canon hdslr user

lets shared about how to settings the best CANON hdslr video settings!!!
    http://www.qimieproduction.com

Re: Video settings canon hdslr user

For doing Slow-Mo:

1280x720 50p/60p 1/100 Shutter Speed (50p), 1/120 Shutter Speed(60p)

For general use:

1920x1080 25p 1/50 Shutter Speed

For Cinematic use:

1920x1080 24p 1/50 Shutter Speed

For Camera User Profile:

If no color corrections tweaking : Default Setting with -2 Contrast and - 3 Sharpness

If color corrections tweaking : Marvel CineStyle or Technicolor CineStyle Custom Profile

Comment

is there any different if we film on 25p and 50p ? I now 50p we can get a smoother videos .. but our TV's only ply 25 fps right?

Comment

if use the canon 60D ...what the best setting are the easy view and use..without use special filter (some people say the best recording if use the ND filter make the HD video SHARP )????
        the simple think i know..if wanna make video sharp (do not use high ISO (below 1k its OK) (but if do not have theLED light HOW...lets u all shared how to settle this probs?
        http://www.qimieproduction.com

Comment

@ErikM:

Err correct me if I'm wrong, for DVD Player it does not supported 50p/60p format. While DVD-HD or Blueray Player format supports the 50p/60p.

50p means more frame it captures to make it smooth compare to 25p however most of the viewing format of your video output are not supported especially the web media. On the other hand, 50p would somehow too "Handycam Camera" look rather than those "Classic Film Look".

@qimie_C:

In fact ND Filter doesn't make your video look sharp instead it helps you to darken the exposure on outdoor when you want to use aperture in wide open (thus making more shallow depth of field)

While how to make the picture sharp? Actually there are several ways that is same as taking photo's.

- Stop Down your aperture (Increase F-Stop) until you reach a certain sweet spot like F4, F8 or F11.

- Concentrate shots on center as most of the lens even the lousy one have good center sharpness.

- Increase Contrast Value

- Picking a Razer Sharp lens (for 60D the Tamron 17-50 F2.8 Non-VC is the great lens in the buck)

Comment

Originally posted by wingster View Post
            @ErikM:

Err correct me if I'm wrong, for DVD Player it does not supported 50p/60p format. While DVD-HD or Blueray Player format supports the 50p/60p.

50p means more frame it captures to make it smooth compare to 25p however most of the viewing format of your video output are not supported especially the web media. On the other hand, 50p would somehow too "Handycam Camera" look rather than those "Classic Film Look"...
            ohhh, thanks for the information !

Comment

Full HD video is only 2.07MP. No need to optimise lens to its "sweet aperture". For most average lens, any aperture between f/2.8 to f/11 will do (assuming extenders not used). The difference are not recorded!

For maximum video sharpness, more relevant factors are:
              1. Ensure correct focus.
              2. Good lighting.
              3. Steady camera.
              4. Minimize lens flare.
              5. Optimum motion blurr. Generally, 1/50s for 25fps for subject with up to walking speed. SLIGHTLY higher speed if the subjects are moving faster.
              6. Depth of field control via aperture setting.
              7. Set iso at 800 and below.
              8. Post processing sharpening.
              Last edited by RichardTeh; 02-06-2011, 12:33 AM.

Comment

I know I know!!.... AUto.. Point Snap Record looooooooooool eeermmm...

1. DO NOT walk/run while tracking your talent without and simple stabilization rig unless you're trying to get that "action-shaky-wiggley" effect.
                2. Use CineStyle profile to record to be able to have a general balanced colour for grading later on.
                3. Best to use prime lenses for filming for many reason, go research yourself lol...
                4. Get some mineral water.
                5. Spend some cash on good CF cards/SD cards that's compatible with the Canon cameras or your Nikon cameras to avoid drop frames.
                6. Drink the mineral water.
                lol

Comment

For doing Slow-Mo:

1280x720 50p/60p 1/100 Shutter Speed (50p), 1/120 Shutter Speed(60p)

For general use:

1920x1080 25p 1/50 Shutter Speed

For Cinematic use:

1920x1080 24p 1/50 Shutter Speed

For Camera User Profile:

If no color corrections tweaking : Default Setting with -2 Contrast and - 3 Sharpness

If color corrections tweaking : Marvel CineStyle or Technicolor CineStyle Custom Profile
                  Dear Sifu,

due to i am newbie, i can't post my thread, till i got 50 post... forgive me for slot in my question,

actually i plan to get video cam as for my trip to nowhere purpose to video down as memorable, i am abit undecided which to get DSLR? or Video cam

just went to Low yat have a chat with the canon seller, saying Canon 60d good review on video, but unfortunately no AUTOFOCUS if you move around angle place to place, have to do with manual focus i think is abit trouble if let say i am using Steadycam instead, can some 1 enlighten me or correct me if i am wrong abour plan to get DSLR or straight away get Sony VG10?

Your sharing is much appreciate

thanks in advance

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by myd90 View Post
                    Dear Sifu,

due to i am newbie, i can't post my thread, till i got 50 post... forgive me for slot in my question,

actually i plan to get video cam as for my trip to nowhere purpose to video down as memorable, i am abit undecided which to get DSLR? or Video cam

just went to Low yat have a chat with the canon seller, saying Canon 60d good review on video, but unfortunately no AUTOFOCUS if you move around angle place to place, have to do with manual focus i think is abit trouble if let say i am using Steadycam instead, can some 1 enlighten me or correct me if i am wrong abour plan to get DSLR or straight away get Sony VG10?

Your sharing is much appreciate

thanks in advance

cheers
                    If you are just videoing for personal remembrance then even a good P&S should suffice. Most P&S have autofocus in movie mode so you don't have to fiddle with the focussing.

If you want better quality video and manual controls, then get a HDSLR that can do AF in video. The Panasonic G series, Sony Alphas & NEXs and the Nikons can AF in video. Unfortunately, all the Canon HDSLRs cannot AF in movie mode and this has been a pain for quite a number of users.

If you are using Steadycam or other stabilizer, you should use MF when capturing video. Using AF can confuse the camera because it doesn't know what to focus on as you move the camera around. One way to overcome this focussing issue is to use a small aperture (large f no.) to get a deeper DOF and to use a wide-angle lens in MF mode. This way, you can be quite sure that most of your subjects are in focus as you move your Steadycam about.

SonyAlphaRumors' website stated that a replacement for the NEX-VG10 in going to be announced soon. The VG10 price has already dropped overseas. Anyway, the VG10 is not a great hybrid camera for the price you pay. It records very good footage but lack many features for the ~RM7K price.

If you are just recording videos for remembrance, why not just get an entry-level Nikon, Sony or Panasonic that can do a decent job at an affordable price. However, if you have a bit of cash to splash then you can check out some of the real HD camcorders instead of HDSLRs.

Hope that helps. Just my 2 sen. Regards.

Eddie

Comment

I might suggest you to looking for Panasonic GH-2 or G3 which has very great Autofocus for video ...

Comment

nice thread.. I like the tips a lot..

Comment

I might suggest you to looking for Panasonic GH-2 or G3 which has very great Autofocus for video ...

tqvm all, for the info...

appreciated

cheers

Comment

brand mentioned above can switch to Manual focus mode if needed? coz plan to invest on glidecam

EVERY1 can be AcTor /actress.

thanks in advance

cheers

Comment

brilliant info...
                              thanks...

hv a question...

Canon XH A1s and SONY NEX-VG10...
                              which 1 more preferable on traveling in terms of quality and mobile?

Comment

Working...
                              X