After rendered the pic contrast getting deeper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After rendered the pic contrast getting deeper

Hi to all sony vegas user, i come acrossed subject as mentioned above, kindly guide me how to overcome this matteryour infor are much appreciatethanks in advancecheers

Re: After rendered the pic contrast getting darker playback on PC or/TV

Any1 of you facing this matter?kindly advisethanks in advancecheers

Comment

Re: After rendered the pic contrast getting deeper

eh? uuh nope, never happened to me before.

what's your render setting?

perhaps you're viewing the rendered video in another monitor?

Comment

I suspect the cause is codecs and the colorspace used. Different codecs give different results. So what are you rendering to - uncompressed avi, if so which codec (Huffyuv, just plain vanilla Uncompressed, Logarith???), or M-JPEG, or MPEG-2?

Sometimes, rendering a short segment to check results helps. Then based on this result, compensate in Vegas by making colour, brightness and contrast settings before rendering the short segment again...trial and error until you get satisfaction, then render the whole thing.
        Last edited by AV Guy; 23-06-2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Re: After rendered the pic contrast getting darker playback on PC or/TV

Nope, no problems here.
          No settings changed after rendering.
          Is this problem your first time? Is the other ones ok?
          Rgds

Originally posted by myd90 View Post
          Any1 of you facing this matter?kindly advisethanks in advancecheers

Comment

Originally posted by AV Guy View Post
            I suspect the cause is codecs and the colorspace used. Different codecs give different results. So what are you rendering to - uncompressed avi, if so which codec (Huffyuv, just plain vanilla Uncompressed, Logarith???), or M-JPEG, or MPEG-2?

Sometimes, rendering a short segment to check results helps. Then based on this result, compensate in Vegas by making colour, brightness and contrast settings before rendering the short segment again...trial and error until you get satisfaction, then render the whole thing.

i am using Sony vegas 5 and render allowed me to MPEG2 Instead of MPeg4 the video wise ok, just the pix abit dark once i rendered playback for view on my LCD tv

another question is:

after the rendered i found the movie slighly jegger can noticed it, is because of the frame rate? 60f and 24f is it make allots different?

the live video i took from SAMSUNG HMX-U10 Full HD camcorder, any1 of you using this for short clip? comment are welcome

your info are much appreciate

thanks in advance

cheers

Comment

Ahh-so...viewing on LCD TV.
              Q: How did the original footage view on the same LCD TV versus after the render? Is 'after the render' more contrasty and this is why you ask?

MPEG-2, MPEG-4, etc... are all lossy formats, i.e. some information from the original is lost during the compression process. The trick is to arrive at a compromise where the losses are acceptable, or better than the minimal standards. And you can also try to reduce the number of P and B frames. For some purposes, I use I frames only. Larger files, but each I-frame has the full information in it.

Jagged edges are artifacts introduced due to the compression. Nothing to do with the frame-rate. Increase the bit-rate to reduce these artifacts. If using constant bit-rates, try 8,000kbps. If using a pc to playback (i.e. not burned to DVD), I have used 20,000kbps.

The compressor also makes a difference. Vegas 5, if I'm not wrong, uses the MainConcept codec engine. Not a bad engine in its day, but, in my opinion, results in a softening of the edges (to get rid of the jaggies I think). Can't remember if it resulted in more contrasty images.

No comment on the SAMSUNG HMX-U10 Full HD camcorder - no experience with it.

Comment

Originally posted by AV Guy View Post
                Ahh-so...viewing on LCD TV.
                Q: How did the original footage view on the same LCD TV versus after the render? Is 'after the render' more contrasty and this is why you ask?

MPEG-2, MPEG-4, etc... are all lossy formats, i.e. some information from the original is lost during the compression process. The trick is to arrive at a compromise where the losses are acceptable, or better than the minimal standards. And you can also try to reduce the number of P and B frames. For some purposes, I use I frames only. Larger files, but each I-frame has the full information in it.

Jagged edges are artifacts introduced due to the compression. Nothing to do with the frame-rate. Increase the bit-rate to reduce these artifacts. If using constant bit-rates, try 8,000kbps. If using a pc to playback (i.e. not burned to DVD), I have used 20,000kbps.

The compressor also makes a difference. Vegas 5, if I'm not wrong, uses the MainConcept codec engine. Not a bad engine in its day, but, in my opinion, results in a softening of the edges (to get rid of the jaggies I think). Can't remember if it resulted in more contrasty images.

No comment on the SAMSUNG HMX-U10 Full HD camcorder - no experience with it.

thanks mate for your info, forgive me, for instant answer, shall i upgrade to SONY VEGA PRO and invest to better hdcamera in order to solve my problem?... i saw the wedding video using canon hdslr... RESULT good, HD quality. i luv it...

forgive me about confused.

thanks

Comment

I'm not familiar with cameras so can't offer any advice there. Maybe others can chip in on this.

Upgrading software is almost always a good step because newer engines within (in this case, the newer MainConcept encoder and codecs) are always an improvement in quality on the older ones. Besides, Vegas 5 is like 5 generations back if I'm not wrong. Overall, go with what you can afford.

Comment

Working...
                  X