Magic Lantern AJ Version 5.9 -- 2.0.9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Lantern AJ Version 5.9 -- 2.0.9

After a few days reading and studying the Magic Lantern (ML) AJ Version today I tested the firmware... These are my early observations..

1. It doesn't actually replace the current built-in firmware but rather it coexist with the built-in to makeup a new firmware.. Once you restart the camera the firmware went away..
    2. There are a whole new world of settings available to you once the ML is loaded..
    3. I have been using a whole set of setting to capture movies with my 5D no to mention the Marvel Cine 3.4.. And guess what it still works with ML loaded..
    4. Now it is even possible to remove the focus square in the middle of the life view..
    5. There is a voice bypass mode that disable the internal audio chipset.. but you need external amp that would do sound amplifying before being send to the camera for recording..

Test video is coming soon.. and will report more about Magic Lantern as I learn more about it..

Re: Magic Lantern AJ Version 5.9 -- 2.0.9

im gonna download the latest version to try .. on my 50D ..

i read that the latest release Oct 14 supports 50D too...
    www.pazuzushot.com | www.kuching-photographer.com

Comment

my question here is : will the camera gonna be high temperature when you're using the ML instead of Original Canon firmware? seems like the ML is quite complicated, *im going to install the ML firmware to my 550D soon. but i'm scared my camera will burn. :/

Comment

i've installed it on my 50D... it does get hot.. but i don shoot for long .. jus a minute or 2 .. there's a setting to turn off the LCD during recording too..

Comment

how about the warranty? some says if we install the ML firmware, the warranty is invalid. :/

Comment

im not sure bout the warranty .. but i suppose if u installed a 3rd party firmware.. the warranty would b void..

Comment

After install Magic Lantern (ML) AJ Version in 5DMKII, can we change back to Canon original firmware? this is the problem i worry...

Comment

i think should b able to... check their website..

Comment

Anyone tested it on 600D ..? I am curious to see what other functions it has to offer for photography..

Comment

ive installed on mine 500d... superb new capability... still in progress of learning how to use it... fyi now the latest ml is 2.3 more stable......

Comment

Working...
                    X