Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which video editing software have you used before?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which video editing software have you used before?

And which video editing software is your preferred choice?

I've just started video editing and I find it heckuva tough.
    (the easiest and most suitable for my needs that I have found so far is from www.muvee.com. I know Final Cut Pro is one of the best, but using it for 2 hours almost killed me )

Any suggestions which software I should use anyone?

Re: Which video editing software have you used before?

i used Adobe Premiere before. pretty neat. havent got the chance to try it with After Effects.

Comment

final cut express... easy peasy

Comment

Adobe Premiere. One of the most powerful professional video editors. Especially great with After Effects. Well worth the trouble to learn it. I used Premiere extensively during those days when I was mad about video....
        Yusuf Hashim
        sigpic

Comment

sony vegas. easiest.
          onestophoto.com/f64.org/morpheuse@twitter

Comment

Originally posted by johan2 View Post
            And which video editing software is your preferred choice?

I've just started video editing and I find it heckuva tough.
            (the easiest and most suitable for my needs that I have found so far is from www.muvee.com. I know Final Cut Pro is one of the best, but using it for 2 hours almost killed me )

Any suggestions which software I should use anyone?
            very the general question!!! ask yourself what you want it to be for final delivery? are you just playing home video or are you going to provide video editing service as profession?

Home Video user:
            1. Any software user-friendly to you.
            2. Min. 100GB HDD space with good buffer size and rpm.
            3. SURE got lip sync problem! kekeke
            4. Takes very long time to process output MPG, VCD and etc. Could be 3-4 times the actual video duration.

Professional Video Editor:
            1. Adobe Premiere / After Effects if you really wanna play with effects, masking, layers and etc.
            2. Consider to invest on h/ware; good processor, min 1GB RAM, use RAID storage HDD 100GB + 100GB with 8MB buffer 7200 rpm(SCSI even better), CPU cooling system, IEEE-1394, video capture card to edit Real-Time, and of course DVD burner.
            3. Will all items above listed, wow you are ready to produce up broadcast quality, if your video capture card up to that standard.

find out more at http://videoguys.com/

I used to do Video VCD conversion about 7-10 years back. Very competitive market price. Imagine you spend 3-4 hours doing VCD conversion for a 2hrs video footage and charging customer RM25/hr current price i guess!!!
            www.allengong.blogspot.com | www.cars4sale.my

Comment

I am using Roxio Videowave Movie Creator and Sonic MyDVD Plus. Both are very home-video type of tools...very good if you prefer to use templates and built-in plug in and ok to sacrifice flexibilities/creativities that you find in the pro segment.

If you do not have the time to learn and fork out to edit your videos, these tools are highly recommended.

I am using the older version, the newer has far greater usability so check it out. In fact, I use Roxio to edit and Sonic to encode to DVD since the later provides interative/motion menu screen/background/buttons.

Comment

I use VCDCutter. Simple program to cut and paste video and make them into one combined movie file.
                Dr Koh Kho King
                Wise men still seek Him!
                www.shashinki.com - Malaysia's First & Largest Online Camera Shop!

Comment

get a pinnacle or matrox system with hardware realtime video engine

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...mily/Studio+11

or a newtek http://www.newtek.com/vt/

many more other pro system out there, check out here
                  http://www.sharbor.com/

Comment

tHE best for editing is AVID (still use for editin film until now).. but it cost you very3 "EXPENSIVE".. if u want cheaper.. adobe premier(window) is enough good...easier for u to find pirated .. but if u want more better.. Final Cut Pro 5.1 and above (MAC).. is the best..especially editin for HDV format.

Comment

me only using iMovie... hehe

Comment

adobe premiere...

Comment

I once used MGI VideoWave but it proves to be too complicated, now I use Cyberllink PowerProducer Gold that comes with my DVD burner..
                          There's really NOTHING to photograph

Comment

hmm..i'm using edius canopus pro 4..i like it..for broadcast quality..

but if you want make a home video..i think ulead videostudio is good enough..

Comment

I use Sony Vegas, easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X