Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Shooting Techniques: Revealed. (part 1)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Shooting Techniques: Revealed. (part 1)

Originally posted by chempiang View Post
    If you want to try out some shots, I recommend static tournaments like chess, carrom or even kids playing monopoly or scrabble. You could get beautiful shots there. Then try the harder stuffs like ping pong or badminton. The moment a player serving is the best way to train your focus-d-focus technique.

Happy shooting!
    Nice..... will try!
    Secret Behind Stunning Images | ClicKapture Studio

Comment

this close up always works in video and series of wedding photos.
      facebook.com/pages/The-Shelves/252601961452458

Comment

Originally posted by raizil View Post
        this close up always works in video and series of wedding photos.
        What can i say, both fields are almost the same...
        Secret Behind Stunning Images | ClicKapture Studio

Comment

Hey there. Like what you did, nice shots with nice framing. Here are my 2 cents and hope it helps....

Well in shooting any situation, these are the few things that you must do to help in your video and also in telling your story.... always start your shoot with
          1) wide / extreme wide shot of the whole venue. this is to give your viewers and idea of the whole situation. We also call it an establishing shot.
          2) from there on you do all your other shots, ie, mid, close, extreme close etc.

This is what's lacking in your video, I get to see the couple but I didn't get to see the whole scenario. Always vary your shots, shots of singles, 2's 3 's. This gives and idea of the whole place, the people involved, the fun etc.

I love ECU's myself and always try to get some even tho when told not to. ECU's also are not ez to do, especially when your not on a tripod. Zooming in / long lens is best with a tripod but in your video with the movements you did, fits the purpose. At the end of the day oso, its the look and feel your after.

Following an object on the move is very hard, depending on the exposure and ND filter you have set it to. If things too leceh then lessen your ND filter so that you can have a bigger f-stop but then again maybe you know this already.. Follow focus is hard but when you get it, it just becomes 2nd nature. I remember the days when I had to learn this, I had to sit in the hot sun for a whole day, long lens just following ecu's of car no plates as they pass by. try it sometime....

Another thing which is nice is to stick your lens as close as possible to the subject, what we call big close up. Takes your viewers into a diff perspective..

Ok la, tak nak cakap banyak, nanti orang kata pepandai lak!!!!! but feel free to ask if you have a any questions....

PEACE OUT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lekays View Post
            Hi guys.
            In this thread, i'm trying to put together the latest video shooting techniques for all PMers. Sharing is caring, rite? So, first of all, I would love to share with you, one of my favourite shooting styles.

"stand at a distance from the subject, zoom in and focus on the subject"
            *i dont' know the exact term in videography, so bear it with me, kay?

This technique will give you a sense of depth in your video. I have used this technique like A LOT in my videos.

And i LOVE to do extreme close-ups. Here are some of the frames taken from my videos as an example to illustrate my point.
            1st frame
            Name:  84c4cb39bf485d0a4a8f14cad0cd9f05.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  21.7 KB
            2nd frame
            Name:  b348808479945cf68ef0bb2a2a035017.jpg
Size:  17.6 KB
            3rd frame
            Name:  d9d8594e3559934d14fab0c85e72d1f8.jpg
Size:  27.5 KB

The Pro: Lovely shots.
            The Cons: When you stand at a distance form the subject, it is quite difficult to have a sharp focus on the subject. Especially moving subject.

Owh, forgot to tell you. Have to have a camera that has manual focus feature. Its quite hard to use auto focus in this technique. Possible, but unlikely.

Just sharing.
            nice i like dof too

Comment

cool, thanks for the tips

Comment

I wish you can share more shooting techniques with us....... Thanks.
                http://littar70.weebly.com/

Comment

be up close and personal

Comment

this wide establishing shot, mid, full, close up, mcu, ecu is what every videographer should know, or even a photographer.thanx for sharing

Comment

nice sharing, thank you.

Comment

It would be much much better to post a demo video
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/skycafephotography/

Comment

agreed with sky1802..
                          just tried my 5Dmk2 but dont know how to set 'behind the scene' situations...or maybe is there any website that guide to capture video? pls sharing..

Comment

wow.that's close up

Comment

wow again

Comment

Any large apperture lenses can deliver the shallow DoF image. i always use 50mm @ f1.4 at most of the time. My favourite! If you wish to have even more shallow DoF, you can use marco lens. In the video below. minutes 1:06 was captured with Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS.

Comment

Working...
                                X