by keh1356
    by keristuah
    by miss_L
    by Anuar Ahmad
    by antlvk
  • noordin

by Published on 11-01-2014 02:07 AM  Number of Views: 277 
    Article Preview

We are proud to announce our PhotoMalaysia featured Photographer of the Month

- January 2014 -

herobear - aka - Haikal

Here is the interview with him:

Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Firstly, thank you Mr.Noordin for this opportunity to be featured here. I don't consider myself a 'pro' so to have somebody recognize my work is quite overwhelming.

Sepang 2013

My name is Haikal, 29 years old and currently am working as a senior communications executive at an event management company which specializes in motorsports, five years running. Hence if you look me up on pm, you will find that I post a fair amount of motorsports related photography, although technically I am not paid to do so. Besides that, I enjoy travelling. Feel free to check out my work at my haikalb.photoshelter.com

Hafizh Syahrin - Moto 2 - 2013

What is your photography history?

by Published on 02-12-2013 11:23 AM  Number of Views: 279 
    Article Preview

- December 2013 -

thonytoon
    - aka -

Anthony Mendoza Barlan

I am Anthony Barlan, or Antz, for short. I am a natural born Filipino, but was only born into the world of photography around 2008 right here in Malaysia. I am a full time Mainframe Analyst & Developer of Hewlett Packard Ė Malaysia working for a banking client for almost 6 years. Iím actually a Civil Engineering degree holder but got started into Information Technology when I was hired and trained by Accenture Ė Philippines to work as a mainframe developer.

I was also a former Professional Dance Instructor of Latin ...
    by Published on 01-10-2013 08:42 AM  Number of Views: 724 
    Article Preview

- October 2013 -

neoro - aka - Tang Yiming

I majored in accounting when I was in college, did a few years with the auditing industry before settling into a job in the banking industry in Singapore. Most of my snaps are shared on my flickr site - http://www.flickr.com/photos/tang_yiming/ . I do own a tumblr blog (http://tangyiming.tumblr.com/) , but that gets updated once in a blue moon now. Aside from photography I enjoy jogging around town and running up endless flights of stairs should I notice a potential location to shoot.

I have picked up this hobby for about 9 years now since I started working.
    Have no specific likes on what to shoot, not any brand loyalty

What started initially ...
    by Published on 01-09-2013 09:48 AM  Number of Views: 818 
    Article Preview

- September 2013 -

Wil - aka - Wil Thimister

I'd like to start off with saying that I am very happy with the invitation to share some of my photo's and my story as a photographer. I was born as a Dutchman and moved to Malaysia at the very last few hours of 2008 for my work. I live with my wife and two daughters in Putrajaya, work in Cyberjaya and photograph everywhere AirAsia takes me.

I spend most of my time, if not working, behind my pc; editing pictures, readying them for my website (www.wilthimisterphotography.com), or reading/listening to other photography related materials on the internet. I always ...
    by Published on 15-08-2013 04:30 PM  Number of Views: 534 
    Article Preview

Sometime in mid 2010, I was asked by my late friend, the late Rolf Schneider to take a some photos of him which he wanted to use for the launch of his watch - the limited edition Elysse Nardin, Diavolo Rolf. A Platinum edition limited to 75 pieces worldwide. This watch was priced at approximately RM560,000 and was sold out.

He had a specific idea on how the photo should be because he wanted to use it for the launch of the watch. I went through all the locations in his house with with basic 2 umbrellas and flash and we finally found ...
    by Published on 02-08-2013 08:16 AM  Number of Views: 480 
    Article Preview

- July 2013 -

macbrianmun - aka - Macbrian Rudiano Mun

First and foremost, it's an honor to be selected as the Featured Photographer of the month and a huge thanks to Photomalaysia and Mr.noordin for selecting me. My full name is Macbrian Rudiano Mun, born and raised in Sabah and just recently finished my Degree in education early this year.

Most of my photo collections can be viewed at www.flickr.com/photos/macbrianmun/

The person who "poisoned" me into photography was actually my girlfriend. She had a Canon EOS 450D and one day asked me to take snapshots of her sister's wedding ...
    by Published on 18-07-2013 12:26 PM  Number of Views: 284 
    Article Preview

Travel tales with Leica M9P

For some strange reasons my Monochrom died on me after the first day. So I decide to test the 50mm f/2 Summicrom on the Leica M9P. We departed Exotic Dive Centre at 3:30am on a 4 hour boat ride to Kerikite Island. Cora - our host has another resort there she was developing and wanted to show us around. The boat ride initially was smooth so we continued our slumber on the makeshift beds until about 3 hours into the journey, when the sea water started to splash on us and we have to be awake. There was no storm but the sea was rough, due to the strong undercurrents between two large islands we were passing through. Our primary concern ...
    by Published on 14-07-2013 12:39 PM  Number of Views: 516 
    Article Preview

Malapascua Island with Sony RX1

I accidentally deleted the thread while editing it recently. My apologies to those who have posted their comments before.

On my trip to Cebu/Malapascua Island with the PMPE gang, I brought with me 3 Leica bodies and a host of lens and a Sony RX1 for back up. I had posted an earlier article on the Leica Monochrom and now some of the photos from my RX1.

The Cebu Pacific flight left LCCT at 9:30 and arrived at Cebu airport around 1:30am. We had an MPV waiting for us and the first stop was at McDonalds because it was suppertime and besides the drive would take another 3 hours at least. The drive was comfortable because there was very light traffic at night and we reached the jetty at 4:30am. It was almost dusk as the photo below will show.

A while later it was already sunrise! ...
    by Published on 12-07-2013 11:42 AM  Number of Views: 358 
    Article Preview

I never had the chance to try out my Leica Monochrom since I took delivery on 10/10/2012. I had also ordered the 50mm f/2 Summicron so when it arrived on 7/2/2013; I was all excited to try the combo. But I never had the time nor the opportunity until the recent PMPE trip to Cebu last July 2nd.

The Monochrom was easy to use because Iím familiar with all the controls/buttons and Iíve added the 1.4x magnifier to help with my focussing. So for this trip I had attached the 50mm Summicron permanently to check out how this combo works.

The pictures as seen from the LCD were acceptable but I reserved my judgements until Iíve seen them on my iMac monitor. That was the first day but the camera refused to work on the second day. I just couldnít ...
    by Published on 03-05-2013 07:43 AM  Number of Views: 439 
    Article Preview

- May 2013 -

lightfollower - aka - Will (aka Wills)

I am Will (aka Wills) from Miri, Sarawak. I am also an inexperience teacher. I am not good in languages or excel in any literature writing. Maybe because of those reasons, I turn my interest into photography to communicate my thought with the viewers. Here are some of my online writings, interviews and photo galleries.

Photo galleries: 500px http://500px.com/willsun ; Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/willsun

Interview: Andrews Gibson Blog http://www.andrewsgibson.com/blog/20...ew-20-will-le/ ; 121clicks http://121clicks.com/showcases/black...phy-by-will-le ...
    by Published on 04-04-2013 11:34 AM  Number of Views: 859 
    Article Preview

We are proud to announce our PhotoMalaysia featured photographer of the month

- April 2013 -

peiling - aka - Lee Pei Ling

Here is the interview with her:

Q: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I am a Penangite currently residing in Tanzania. Iím a true macro aficionado who is as obsessed as I am inspired by the small, small world around me. I started taking an interest in digital photography in 2008, and my curiosity and interest gradually led me to the world of macro photography.

I am a homemaker for now. My website is www.peilinglee.com. Inside thereís a selection of my work, which I think best, represent me now. As well as interviews ...
    by Published on 07-03-2013 05:43 PM  Number of Views: 576 
    Article Preview

Living with the Sony RX1

My friend gave me a P&S camera when he came back form one of his trips. Itís a Sony DSC-RX1. He had one and wanted me to experience the joy of shooting with it. I didnít think too much about it, in fact I didnít open the box till 3 days later and I did because just in case he ask me how was the camera! I shot things around my study and left it at that. In fact my wife was the one that really took it out and shot thinks around the house. Upon processing the images I was quite impressed, the colours are natural and the resolution is great. I was told that itís full frame (which I didnít know) so my first thought was how would it compare with a Leica, say an M9.

My chance to use the camera came when I joined Maxby & Yususf Ė the Lone Ranger and Tonto of PhotoMalaysia, the duo who poison us with their photography outings to ďshoot ...
    by Published on 05-03-2013 09:52 AM  Number of Views: 241 
    Article Preview

We are proud to announce our PhotoMalaysia featured photographer of the month

- March 2013 -

digitelwerk - aka - Ismed Chayadie

Q: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Firstly, I would like to thank PhotoMalaysia and Uncle Noordin for having me as the Photographer of the Month. This is the biggest honor Iíve received relating to photography. I am humbled to be featured alongside the greats in our local photography scene.

My name is Ismed Chayadie @ digitelwerk. I was born in Johor Bahru and spent my childhood there. I am a full-time practicing architect, currently working and residing in Kuala Lumpur. Photography is a hobby I picked up just a few years back and it has turned into a valuable skill complementing my architectural background.

My works can be viewed mostly at Flickr and Facebook. I am still using a free Flickr account thus my images in display are only limited to the recent 200 images. Somehow, ...
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  • Find us on Facebook

• Advertisement MAIN-R10

• Advertisement MAIN-R20

• Advertisement MAIN-R30

• Virtual Capitalism

Kok Yew

D5100 Kit with 18-55mm

Thread Starter: Kok Yew

Item(s): NIKON D5100 Kit set

Package includes: Box set with box. include 18-55mm and free you one more spare battery

Price:

Last Post By: Kok Yew Yesterday, 11:57 PM Go to last post
    Kok Yew

Tiffen Steadicam Merlin, The Best Steadicam, like new

Thread Starter: Kok Yew

Item(s): Tiffen Steadicam Merlin

Package includes:
    all in box -

steadicam merlin arm
    steadicam plate

Last Post By: Kok Yew Yesterday, 11:51 PM Go to last post
    kllaw

Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar Multi Coated DDR 50mm F1.8 M42 Mount

Thread Starter: kllaw

For Sale -

Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar Multi Coated DDR 50mm F1.8 M42 Mount Manual Focus Lens
    (Lens can be used on APS-C or Micro

Last Post By: kllaw Yesterday, 10:43 PM Go to last post
    mr_weiwei

Gitzo G 1275 Magnesium Tripod Ball Head

Thread Starter: mr_weiwei

Hi all,
    I have an above excellent condition Gitzo Tripod ball head to sell.
    Store in my room for few years and never use from that.

Last Post By: wan.Anak Terengganu. Yesterday, 10:36 PM Go to last post
    yobboy

Panasonic GM1 & M4/3 lense

Thread Starter: yobboy

Item(s):
    1.) Panasonic GM1 with 12-32 kit
    2.) Olympus 17mm f1.8
    3.) Olympus 45mm f1.8

Last Post By: johnucky Yesterday, 09:56 PM Go to last post
    Nicholas Mak

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X PRO DX

Thread Starter: Nicholas Mak

Item(s):
    [WTS] Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X PRO DX

*This is Nikon Mount*
    *This is the older version, AT-X PRO DX, no build

Last Post By: Nicholas Mak Yesterday, 08:59 PM Go to last post
    dexta7608

Darkroom Equipment

Thread Starter: dexta7608

I'm an amateur who bought too much gear, so the extras go for cheap! Contact me w. ur wishes

Last Post By: dexta7608 Yesterday, 05:38 PM Go to last post
    dexta7608

Canon Photoshot N w. extras

Thread Starter: dexta7608

White; LNIB; cheap; COD KL

Last Post By: dexta7608 Yesterday, 05:36 PM Go to last post
    osxman

Sony A7R + Carl Zeiss 35mm f2.8 + Carl Zeiss 55mm f1.8

Thread Starter: osxman

Selling all the above items in excellent condition . Hardly used , only as back up.

Condition: Excellent, as good as new. Boxes available.

Last Post By: osxman Yesterday, 05:27 PM Go to last post
    garseng

Leica 50mm summilux - Chrome - 6 bit coded

Thread Starter: garseng

Hye folks, i want to sell my lovely lens,

Item : 50mm summilux - 6bit coded
    package : everything
    condition : 9.9/10

Last Post By: garseng Yesterday, 05:25 PM Go to last post
    garseng

Leica 35mm Summicron - Chrome - 6 bit coded

Thread Starter: garseng

Hye folks, i want to sell my lovely lens,

Item : 35mm summicron - 6bit coded
    package : everything
    condition : 9.9/10

Last Post By: garseng Yesterday, 05:24 PM Go to last post
    jryw

Canon Extender EF 2X III

Thread Starter: jryw

Canon Extender EF 2X III

Item conditions: 9.9/10 ( used twice only, like new ) full box.

Payment : COD in klang valley,

Last Post By: jryw Yesterday, 05:05 PM Go to last post
    jtohcc

WTS Nikon D3s body only

Thread Starter: jtohcc

Want To Sell / WTS
    【ITEM(s)】D3s
    【Package includes】Box, Battery, Strap, Body cap.
    【Price】RM7800.00

Last Post By: jtohcc Yesterday, 04:34 PM Go to last post
    mr_weiwei

Nikon F2AS (Chrome) - Mint Collectible Condiion

Thread Starter: mr_weiwei

1) Nikon F2AS
    Condition - Mint
    Price - RM2700 (Negotiable for serious buyer)

The F2AS is the last, best, most advanced

Last Post By: mr_weiwei Yesterday, 04:30 PM Go to last post
    Remo

Nikon D90 + Tamron 17-50mm

Thread Starter: Remo

Would like to sell my D90 set with original nikon grip
    Tamron 17-50mm Non VC

Selling price- complete set RM1650.
    COD penang

Last Post By: khssim Yesterday, 03:35 PM Go to last post
  • Advertisement MAIN-R100