Thread: WANTED - user feedback on non Bxxxxxx ink

Thanks

WANTED - user feedback on non Bxxxxxx ink

Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

Got a Broxxxx MFC 625 a few weeks ago. Though printing is not a lot (for my son's report, less than 80 pages so far), the black ink is already running low. Replacing it with Broxxxx ink cartridge is quite costly at ~ RM30 each colour.

Saw a non-branded replacement ink and with the extended cartridge setup. Only RM50 for the set with 4 color ink. Thinking of getting that. But like to have some user feedback on the print quality and reliability on the machine.

Thanks.
    Last edited by plumberpm; 08-04-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    R E M M 2012

Thanks

Re: WANTED - user feedback on non Bxxxxxx ink

Quote Originally Posted by plumberpm View Post
    Got a Broxxxx MFC 625 a few weeks ago. Though printing is not a lot (for my son's report, less than 80 pages so far), the black ink is already running low. Replacing it with Broxxxx ink cartridge is quite costly at ~ RM30 each colour.

Saw a non-branded replacement ink and with the extended cartridge setup. Only RM50 for the set with 4 color ink. Thinking of getting that. But like to have some user feedback on the print quality and reliability on the machine.

Thanks.
    Rm30 you call that costly ?

Thanks

Can go cheaper still by going for those CISS systems. Then again, you lose all the warranties.
    Saya Ipoh Mali...jom pergi tengok jetfynn.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g88 View Post
    Rm30 you call that costly ?
    Sorry that I was not clear here.

Suppose I can get 100 page printout on 1 cartridge and at RM30 per cartridge, that will be 30 cents per page. Costly to me compared to photocopy at 5 ct per page (I know this is not a 1 to 1 comparison.

jetfynn,

The one I saw is like a CISS but without the cable like tubings for the ink flow. This one is quite long and you just plug it into the printer.

Cheerio.
    Last edited by plumberpm; 10-04-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    R E M M 2012

Thanks

The other alternative would be using syringe to pump the third party ink everytime it dries up but this method usually makes the printhead clogged up fast unless you know how to refill before it finishes.
    Saya Ipoh Mali...jom pergi tengok jetfynn.com

Thanks

Appreciate feedback from those using 3rd party ink. Any bad experience with blocked printing head due to 3rd party ink ? Or other problems ?

Thanks.
    R E M M 2012

Thanks

Some learning to share here.

After some 3 months of use, the black cartridge was finally empty and thus replaced the 4 cartridges with the refillable cartridges. Problem was I could not trick the machine that the door was closed via the plastic strip. Tried it many times, no success. Watched a few videos on YOUTUBE. Tried it and still no success. Brought it to the shop where I bought the printer. The guy tried it and got it right within a few minutes. Brought it back home and tried it again. Failed again ! Thought maybe my telephone desk was not horizontal and tried it on the floor. Still no luck. Later found out the problem.

I inserted the 4 cartridges one after another. Problem was I did not pay attention to the messages on the panel. When the insertion was not right, it would ask to re-do till it is right and before the next cartridge insertion. If one or more cartridges were not inserted correctly, the close-door mechanism will not be active. Thus my failed attempts to trick the machine that the door has closed via the plastic strip.

My learning here, I should pay attention (read, understand and follow up) instead of just rushing through what was in my head!

Next time when you replace the cartridges, keep this correct insertion in mind. Ha.
    R E M M 2012

Thread Information