Welcome to Tamron Classic Award 2012.
The Tamron Classic Award 2012 is a friendly photography competition for photography enthusiasts in Malaysia who want to challenge their own creativity. The aim is to capture as many inspirational images as best they can using Tamron lenses. Judging is done by professionals and other invited judges, while the winners will have their images displayed on our newsletter cover, road show and workshops. Participants also stand to win attractive prizes worth RM10,000 from Futuromic Photo AV Sdn Bhd, the exclusive distributor of Tamron lenses.
• Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
• Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD
• Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD
3 best shots from each category will walk away with Tamron cash vouchers worth RM300 each.
Categories of competition
• Landscape (TL)
• Portrait (TP)
• Macro (TM)
• Malaysian Cultures (TC)
15 March 2012 – 1 December 2012
Rules For Participation
All entries MUST adhere strictly to the following guidelines, or face immediate disqualification without prior notification by the the organiser - Futuromic Photo AV Sdn Bhd.
1. This competition is open to all Tamron users in Malaysia, who are 18 years and above, using any model of Tamron lenses distributed by Futuromic Photo AV. Employees of Futuromic Photo AV, their families or those associated with the organisation of this competition are strictly prohibited from entering.
2. Details on entry forms cannot be changed once submitted.
3. Do not include a watermark in your image.
4. No borders/frames are allowed.
5. Acceptable digital adjustments are limited to cropping, minor cleaning, levels, curves, colour, saturation and contrast work.
How To Enter
1. Images must be converted and tagged with sRGB colour profile and must be in 8-bit.jpg format.
2. Use the following format (Name_Category_Sequence Number_Mobile Number) eg: PHILIP_TL_01_0123456789.jpg for your image file name.
3. To participate, please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Each participant is required to submit a maximum of three (3) digital images for each category, while the image file size is 500kb (minimum) and 800kb (maximum).
2. The maximum image pixel is 1024 pixels on the horizontal dimension and 768 on the vertical dimension.
3. Original image must be at least from a 4 MegaPixels digital camera. Winners must also later submit original image to the organiser before prizes are given out.
Terms and Conditions
1. No fees are required for participation.
2. Participants must possess the necessary rights over the submitted photographs for the competition, without bond of any agency or publisher (s).
3. Submitted photographs must not have won any previous competitions, and must not have been previously published in any print or on-line media.
4. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet the set criteria. Their decision will be final and non negotiable.
Every year, a series of photographic products distributed by Futuromic Photo AV will be given out to winners of photography competition(s) organised by the company.
Winners from each category are entitled for the Grand Prize.
1. A Panel of Jurors will select three photos from the categories. The decision of the Panel of Jurors shall be final and non negotiable. By submitting an entry, it is deemed that you acknowledge acceptance of all the competition rules.
2. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify or appoint new winners at any time.
3. The organiser will not discuss or respond to any inquiries or comments regarding the contest results.
Notification to Winners
1. Winners will be notified via email or phone by the working partner within 7-14 days after the Panel of Jurors has made a decision.
2. Should there be no response from the winners by the requested date, their winning status may be revoked and new winners may be named.
3. Winners must submit high resolution JPEG or RAW images (see File Format for minimum requirements) to the organiser for such purposes as the production of publications, exhibitions, etc. Failure to do so will revoke their winning status. Submitted work and storage media will not be returned.
Rights of Participants
Participants retain all copyrights and other equivalent rights to the entered photographs; the organiser will possess rights as stated below in “Rights of the Organiser.”
Rights of The Organiser (Futuromic Photo Av Sdn Bhd)
1. Futuromic Photo AV Sdn Bhd - as the organiser reserves the permanent non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, and show on screen, any winning photograph on web sites, photo exhibitions, trade shows, prints, or any other media which is under the management of the organiser. In all cases where such photographs are used, the organiser reserves the right to do so without obtaining prior permission from the winner and without offering any further compensation in any form.
2. The organiser reserves the absolute right to exhibit or reproduce any acceptable entries in whatever way deemed fit for the exhibition and for any print based publicity and promotional purposes without prior notice, consent and payment of fee.
3. The organiser reserves the right to reject the registration or participation of any participant at any time without having to state any reasons whatsoever.
4. The participants shall always agree to be bound by the decision of the organiser to suspend, discontinue or cancel the event for whatever reason(s) whereby in such an event, the participant shall not be entitled to make any claim against the organiser.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)