Thread: Fun with the old icon once more!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Fun with the old icon once more!

I bought an R9 with DMR back a few months ago from eBay. Unfortunately when I received the unit, the charger was off specs, so I could not charge the DMR battery. The seller didn't have the original charger so I was left high and dry. I tried searching through eBay but I couldn't find one. I contacted Sabahan and he happens to have a spare charger and he offered to let me have it. After much exchange of messages, the charger was couriered to our common friend and I collected it today.

I charged the battery and went out for dinner. When I came back, I found it fully charged. Fixed it to the camera and Walla ..... it worked. But it's night and I have no chance to test it. So there's something to look forward to this weekend.

My sincere thanks to Sabahan who rescued a valuable piece of an old icon which would have been left permanently in the dry box!

The photos will follow after this weekend.

Thanks

Re: Fun with the old icon once more!

Waiting for your photo.
    Call me super gear head

Thanks

Sabahan is very helpful and very informative guy indeed

yes, waiting for the pix !
    I'm full time gear head, yes i am... :D

Thanks

Might Mr Sabahan still have his Omega D5 XL?
    http://danishfairoz.blogspot.com/

Thanks

I did read your former thread regarding your purchase of the DMR. It's a pity Leica never get to come up with a new R-10 to use all the superb current range of their R-series lenses. The DMR would not give you the clean images when you push up beyong ISO 400 compared with the current crop of new sensors. But its gonna be deja' vu all over like the days of the earlier SL and R film series. And it was good to know our fellow Sabahan member comes out openly with his assistance on the battery chargor. Hey, if we can get Barisan and Pakatan to foster this goodwill spirit, Malaysia would be a much better place to shoot Leicas. But that's another story altogether. Did I remember correctly Khaireen did shoot with the DMR and post some photos of the cow-condo sometime back?

Thanks

Have fun, Noordin.....with the DMR. Apophoto is right about the ISO. The Imacon sensor is now more than 5 years. Since the combo with R9 is quite heavy, it's best to shoot at ISO 400 (Max). If the light is strong, you could use a higher shutter speed at least 1/100 sec to prevent any blurred image. The LCD is small, and it sometimes fools you with sharp images. Always check the histogram. The Auto white balance can sometimes be a little bit off. A lot of post-processing to be done to correct this......The Leicaflex and DMR are two products which put LEICA Ag in a financial wilderness.

I suppose the R10 will never come as it is not economical to produce the Reflex body cheaply (compared to Nikon & Canon). I expect Leica would release a mirror less camera so that the R lenses can be used.

Thread Information