Hope you all like it ,.
    L9993294.JPG

Thanks

Re: The BW from My M9P ...

Underexposed...
    http://danishfairoz.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Needs more lights. It's way too dark to shoot something like that, making the it underexposed and really flat looking. It lacks good lighting, like a stage spotlight or something.
    RFSG.ASIA

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Methinks, sometimes it might be better to shoot pictures without saying what camera you were using. By saying its from something like the MP9 which is highly desirable but slightly unreachable to most people, oftentimes adds another layer of expectations, reasonable or unreasonable, on the shooter. And its never easy to shoot in bad lighting situations for any camera. Having said that, yes I like the picture, especially with the radially striped lighting drawing attention on the woman at the back, giving depth and a good atmosphere to the scene. On hindsight, it might be better to MYA a little to the right and move slightly closer, so that you take out from play, more of that pesky light source from the left side of the frame, besides giving more weight to the woman. IMHO, a slightly smaller aperture and an even higher ISO would have been better, because grainy-ness would have added even more character to the shot. Although the DR of the MP9 is reputedly wider than lesser cameras, the photographer still has the responsibility to decide where to place the exposure. I believe you've erred a little little bit in that department, because your handsome singer, unfortunately has a very clayey skin texture, which sort of ruined a little, the viewing pleasure. But generally, yes I like the picture, although a little more contrasts would have been better. Keep on shooting, and sharing your pictures, and dont take well intentioned criticisms to heart. Eventually I'm sure you'll know exactly how to stroke and twiddle that highly desirable little baby of yours, to make her come alive and do your bidding. I wish I had such a sex slave as her.....

Last edited by digitalartist; 30-07-2012 at 06:29 AM.
    Yusuf Hashim

5. The Following User Says Thank You to digitalartist For This Useful Post:

beyond (10-08-2012)

Thanks

I totally agree with DA (Uncle Yusuf) that viewers expect a sharp, correctly exposed and well-composed image out of a Leica M9P. From what I see as a M9 user, the exposure measurement is not taken correctly as the meter is exposed to the backlighting ( this is a very common thing with M9 users including myself, as the M9P has only one metering mode i.e the centre-weighted metering ), therefore the subject ( is it the singer ? ) is underexposed. In this type of situation, the user should have adjusted + 0.7 or so on the EV compensation ( check the Histogram for an optimal EV compensation ). The point of exposure measurement must be placed at a neutrally balanced area ( this is also trial and error ) and the exposure reading has to be locked, only then the user can recompose and nail the point of focus using the appropriate aperture - lastly press the shutter. That's IMHO on how to capture this image from a technical aspect.
    Last edited by khaireen; 30-07-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think 80% of a successful image is understanding the limitations of your equipment. My philosophy is not to embarass my camera in its witnessess.
    Last edited by maxby; 30-07-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks

It's just a snap as mentioned.

Hope to see more coming
    I Love Expired Films...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by digitalartist View Post
    Methinks, sometimes it might be better to shoot pictures without saying what camera you were using. By saying its from something like the MP9 which is highly desirable but slightly unreachable to most people, oftentimes adds another layer of expectations, reasonable or unreasonable, on the shooter. And its never easy to shoot in bad lighting situations for any camera. Having said that, yes I like the picture, especially with the radially striped lighting drawing attention on the woman at the back, giving depth and a good atmosphere to the scene. On hindsight, it might be better to MYA a little to the right and move slightly closer, so that you take out from play, more of that pesky light source from the left side of the frame, besides giving more weight to the woman. IMHO, a slightly smaller aperture and an even higher ISO would have been better, because grainy-ness would have added even more character to the shot. Although the DR of the MP9 is reputedly wider than lesser cameras, the photographer still has the responsibility to decide where to place the exposure. I believe you've erred a little little bit in that department, because your handsome singer, unfortunately has a very clayey skin texture, which sort of ruined a little, the viewing pleasure. But generally, yes I like the picture, although a little more contrasts would have been better. Keep on shooting, and sharing your pictures, and dont take well intentioned criticisms to heart. Eventually I'm sure you'll know exactly how to stroke and twiddle that highly desirable little baby of yours, to make her come alive and do your bidding. I wish I had such a sex slave as her.....

While thanks again for the best explanation .
    MAy be as you are thinking im showing which writing the M9p there . hahaha
    The seams under expose because of while singer standing there, because of the strong red light was shooting on him , that why i get this effect .
    Best regard

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maxby View Post
    I think 80% of a successful image is understanding the limitations of your equipment. My philosophy is not to embarass my camera in its witnessess.
    Yo thansk pal .. hahah a

Thanks

That's a poor photo, never mind what camera was used. Expensive camera does not take good pictures. It's the man using it that can take good pictures. So the message is master the basics of photography first.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex9999 View Post
    The seams under expose because of while singer standing there, because of the strong red light was shooting on him , that why i get this effect .
    Best regard
    Yo bro....the Leica m9p is not meant for you....la...hey you make a right decision by selling it in the buy/sell section.....ha hah..he he

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noordin View Post
    That's a poor photo, never mind what camera was used. Expensive camera does not take good pictures. It's the man using it that can take good pictures. So the message is master the basics of photography first.
    Well Said
    Travel, Human Interest and Studio Photography

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex9999 View Post
    Best regard
    Then... If the lighting conditions were below satisfactory, why bother wasting shutter count..
    http://danishfairoz.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingz View Post
    Well Said
    +1 (one)

Thanks

Dont worry. Try again and again. Soon you ll grasp it.
    [URL="http://www.jasonbeyond.com"]www.jasonbeyond.com[/URL]

Thanks

Re. the red light, di dyou do the B+W conversion in camera? If not, you could try to bias the light tones to the red channel in PP, making red items in the photo lighter. (similar to using a red filter when shooting B+W film). this may help to bring the background down a bit, but more importantly to pull some much needed detail from the subject. Good luck! One useful thing in these situations is to look at your histogram to see when your exposure is sitting; LCD screens (especially those on a leica) can be a bit inaccurate in extreme lighting conditions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan95 View Post
    Then... If the lighting conditions were below satisfactory, why bother wasting shutter count..
    we r learning...

Thanks

Underexposed

Thanks

BW is all about how you 'read' the lights. lights create shapes and textures. and a conversion from a bad base picture(s) doesn't actually salvage it from the moment we click the shutter. but i love the skinny pant though
    Your 1st 10,000 shots are your worst - H.C. Besson; thank god for memory cards.

Thanks

pitbull ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information