Thread: Fujifilm's X-Pro1 Wins The "European Professional Compact System Camera of the Year 2012-2013" EISA Award

Thanks

Fujifilm's X-Pro1 Wins The "European Professional Compact System Camera of the Year 2012-2013" EISA Award

Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

Name:  EISA.jpeg
Views: 112
Size:  70.8 KB

August 15, 2012 - FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is delighted to announce the X-Pro1 has been crowned "European Professional Compact System Camera 2012-2013" by judges at the esteemed European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) awards.

EISA judges were particularly impressed with the X-Pro1's outstanding image quality. Commenting on the award, the EISA jury said; "It is a combination of exceptional lens quality, great build and a revolutionary new sensor design that makes the Fujifilm X-Pro1 such a successful camera. The X-Trans sensor, with its more film-like color filter layout over the pixels, really makes the most of the resolution delivered by the camera's Fujinon optics to produce images with far more detail than most 16-million-pixel models can manage. The hybrid viewfinder offers the photographer the best of both digital and traditional optical worlds, and the straightforward layout of controls on the body makes the X-Pro1 simple and pleasurable to use, even if the AF system is not the fastest on the market. Although it isn't the smallest compact system camera on the market, its size is more than compensated for by the quality of the images it produces and the enjoyment it brings to the user."

Aimed at advanced photographers looking for an edge on their existing camera, the X-Pro1 is a new compact system packed with exciting features, lenses and accessories. Housed in a robust metal shell, the X-Pro1 contains a 16 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor, a Hybrid Multi-viewfinder, an original X-Mount for FUJINON XF lenses and an EXR Processor Pro, all unique to Fujifilm. With additional features such as Multi-exposure mode, Aperture and Shutter Priority, Enhanced Film Simulation mode and a TTL Hotshoe with a Sync Terminal, the X-Pro1 is already establishing itself as the professional choice for photographers.

EISA is the unique association of 50 special interest magazines from 19 European countries. In June each year, the editors-in-chief from all EISA member magazines meet to decide which of the products analysed in their publications during the past year deserve a coveted EISA Award. The six categories under consideration are: Audio, Video, Home Theatre, Photography, In-Car Electronics and Mobile Devices.

Beyond says: You know you want one of these baby *wicked* paired with some really nice lens.
    Last edited by khoking; 16-08-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    [URL="http://www.jasonbeyond.com"]www.jasonbeyond.com[/URL]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beyond For This Useful Post:

Jack Jian (16-08-2012)

Thanks

Re: Fujifilm's X-Pro1 Wins The "European Professional Compact System Camera of the Year 2012-2013" EISA Award

I have one but has used only once since I bought.

Now my son gonna be lucky. I gave him the X100 and he's enjoying it. I think he'll enjoy more with the X-Pro1.

Thanks

Re: Fujifilm's X-Pro1 Wins The "European Professional Compact System Camera of the Year 2012-2013" EISA Award

Hmm.. Uncle Noordin *tsk tsk*

Thanks

I must promise myself not to jump and buy these new offerings because in the end I don't use them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I tried X100, really hate the Nintendo button at the back. The center button of it is very hard to press, or should I say easily mis-pressed the up down left right.

X-Pro 1, not sure though. Dr. Teh (dtbh) has one, and saw some stunning images posted by him.

Fujifilm has an adapter for X-Pro 1 to use M lenses. Compared to Leica M9, it is cheap. Seeing the Fujifilm system alone, for me, the camera is overpriced.

Thanks
    Wait for X200. I might get one then. My last X100 lasted me two weeks only. I just couldnt get used to the slow AF and non functional Manual Focus. But despite all that, the IQ from the X100 is fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noordin View Post
    I have one but has used only once since I bought.

Now my son gonna be lucky. I gave him the X100 and he's enjoying it. I think he'll enjoy more with the X-Pro1.
    We are soooo happy that you are sooo wealthy! BUT what does it tell us about the FUJI?

Thread Information