Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Art Colleges and Universities In Malaysia

Thanks

Exclamation Art Colleges and Universities In Malaysia

Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

I need to find a art college in Malaysia, but I dont know what to study yet. I am looking forward for a art and design foundation programme first. But it seems only two institute offers it (from what I know).

Lim Kok Wing and The One Academy.

You see, there are pros and cons about both art institutes. LKW has a larger selection of courses while the one only have 5. And that means I need to choose one of them after the one year foundation. But TOA is closer to home, that means driving there isnt a problem. And LKW is far off the shore, like in the middle of nowhere, because Tan Sri is a cheapskate. Lkw offers a lot of courses, like fashion design, industrial design that TOA doesnt even have and exist in its history.

And I heard that LKW isnt that good anymore, after its moved to CJ. But it's a real Uni as seen, and TOA is just a bunch of shoplots.

I dont want to fly overseas so soon, maybe one year or two years here first. And I cant make up my mind, so mum ask me to study art and design foundation for one year, which I agree too.

Does anyone know which one is better? Or are there any colleges out there which are good, but unknown? Thanks PM

Thanks

Re: Art Colleges and Universities In Malaysia

U might want to check out TOA and LKW and make a comparison based on what they can offer and what they have produced (ex students, awards, recognition) for the past 5 years.

Make a logical comparison, looks sometimes can be deceiving so as the perception.

My 0.0002 cents

Thanks

I vote for TOA !!

Thanks

fly...

Thanks

It's okay, I already chose LKW. Just registered

Thanks

I'd prefer LKW. They give more exposure... though they cost more than TOA lol

p/s .. couleur did you get my PM? lol

Thanks

TOA is not that cheap. Recently I went up to see it's prices, just a few thousand less. And theres only 5 courses... like WTF?!

aaronfoo, got your message. Will call you by tomorrow if he doesnt want. Thanks

Btw, where is your location?

Thanks

Hmm.. i've got alot of my friends who started in LKW but soon moved to TOA cuz they say its cheaper there lol... bah... what do i know.. I'm doing psychology instead. LOL

But how will you be going to college back and forth from LKW? Its kinda ... like a 45min drive ? lol I'm in damansara Utama
    Last edited by aaronfoo; 17-03-2007 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks

I knew some LKW lecturers moved to lecture in INTEC.
    I heard INTEC will move in to MONASH UNIVERSITY by mid year.

Thanks

I live in Bandar Utama. I know, and like my ****ing camry is drinking too much petroleum. So mum is going to rent me a house near my uncles in puchong. All I need now is to pay toll! :|

The in campus in lim kok wing is terrible, the room is so damn small, and the facilities is a rate of 1/100. The out campus apartments is located in the middle of no where, and I mean it. It isnt close to any shop lots. A condo in the middle of a kampung, quite far out from LKW. And they charge like rm550, per person? Like wth? I could get 550 for the whole house.

Thanks

LOL... yea... my friends there refer it to be a desert LOL. And they rented an appartment in puchong and shared it among themselfs. lol.

Though, I'm sure you'd do well in LKW lol. I seem to be able to top their standards, what more.. you are photos and PS work are much better than mine. I bet you'll be no 1 in your class haha.

Thanks

I prefer to refer it as "in the middle of no where" ... no shoplots, no housing area, just trees and wide open lands....

My photography? I dont think im that good in it though, I have seen pretty much people who are so much more talented in this field. And they are truely dedicated.

But I just took it as a hobby, and yet now, im spending too much money on accessories and had learnt to be a cheapskate on expenses wise. :|

And now my phone is going to explode in any sec, theres a slight dent in the battery, and my friend advise me to change asap. And I dont have the money, do you know why? I need to save it for other usage.

All these commitments are so distracting, I just don't want to think about it. Need to upgrade laptop, buy new lenses, save for flashgun, respray my car, do this do that ... :| ...

Thanks

My photography? I dont think im that good in it though, I have seen pretty much people who are so much more talented in this field. And they are truely dedicated.

But I just took it as a hobby, and yet now, im spending too much money on accessories and had learnt to be a cheapskate on expenses wise. :|

Are you sure???
    or are you "Just Exaggerating??"
    Your pictures sure seem "professional" why don't you just start working...

Thanks

without mentioning names, i hope the local colleges have taken more interest in teaching art history. that's sorely lacking based on my numerous encounters with local students as well as perusing the content of some courses. many local unis are bent on generating students with immense technical skill but lack the ability to question and analyse since they're not exposed to the historical context of visual communication.

my 2 cents.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f64

Are you sure???
    Yes, I am now like you, spending too much on my camera system :S

Thanks

then stop doing it...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sean eng
    then stop doing it...
    WoW, that was a really mature reply

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f64

Are you sure???
    That is why I need more tools to complete my hobby. Like, special tripods for automotive photography, some lighting and set ups, a nice 135mm f/2 for fashion photography... and so many

I haven't reached the professional level yet. There is so many talented photographers across the globe. And they really amazed me...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azrul
    without mentioning names, i hope the local colleges have taken more interest in teaching art history. that's sorely lacking based on my numerous encounters with local students as well as perusing the content of some courses. many local unis are bent on generating students with immense technical skill but lack the ability to question and analyse since they're not exposed to the historical context of visual communication.

my 2 cents.
    I concur, ditto with colleges offering communication courses without touching the social science aspect of communication and the philosophies of dealing with societies and humans, or colleges offering so-called computer science courses which teach only programming and not the mathematical and logical constructs of computing theories...

Oh, I do remember one girl who once grumbled that her university's Multimedia course is outdated because they taught her too much concepts, theories and multimedia programming rather than teaching her how to use Maya 3D...

I label these places vocational colleges, nothing more...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by couleur
    WoW, that was a really mature reply
    yes indeed

easy, you like it you do it and stop complaining.
    if hot happy and complaint, just drop the thing off.

" The End "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information