Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What makes a picture compelling

Thanks

Re: What makes a picture compelling

Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lancey View Post
    you don't need to make compelling pictures, whatever that is. You just need to be yourself when you make those pictures. Let others decide if they are compelling, again, whatever that is.

A lot of people are struggling with themselves because they keep asking themselves "how do i improve?!". Should they upgrade or go for a course or use the latest software or go to a more scenic place with lots of willing subjects posing for them so they can get more compelling(watever that is) pictures?
    Worse, they then gather around and discuss what kind of composition gives one picture an edge over another or that what colour arrangements or exposure ratios gives it more punch,more compelling factor.

Is what you see more compelling than what i or he or she sees? Or is how you see things more beautiful than how i or he or she sees? We all see differently.

The differences between good and bad pictures becomes increasingly less significant as one gets to the realisation that photography is a journey, like life, everyone takes a different path. Is a doctor more compelling than a taxi driver? Probably, but that's cos the Doc probably hasn't walked his life out.

If art is a competition, we are all losers.
    liked tis.. i will remember tis for a long while.

Thanks

Re: What makes a picture compelling

nice sharing... learn a lot.. will try to produce most compiling picture... just lake on talent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information