Thread: Need directions to Genting Highlands

Thanks

Need directions to Genting Highlands

Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

Hi fellas,

I'll be going to Genting Highlands in the next coming weekend. Driving down from Penang on the NS Expressway. So, how do I get to Genting Highlands from the highway ah? Which exit? After exit toll, then how to get there? How many more hours to get to the top from highway exit? Got signboards or not? Or most importantly, are the signboards reliable or not?

Thanks

Re: Need directions to Genting Highlands

i used to take exit at Batang Kali.. then take few turns (too bad forgot how the turns liao) and all the way jalan kampung until u see the sign board of genting highland.. maybe 1-2 hours journey.. ..

get 1 GPS lar..

Thanks

Hi Kok Wei,

Coming from Penang, I usually go through Genting Highlands and stop for lunch before continuing my journey back to the East Coast.

I take the Tanjung Malim exit, go through the old highway until I reach Batang Kali. There will be an exit to Genting Highlands on the left. Road signs are decent so as long as you pay attention, you wont get lost.

Thanks

Hi Kok Wei,

here's the map from Garmin MapSource with Malsingmaps.com's Map v2.04.

Unfortunately, i cannot put it as one map, so u have to sambung the maps la..

From NS hiway, exit Tjg. Malim. Long winding roads after Batang Kali & by the GPS software estimated time, following all speed limits, and barring any obstructions whatsoever, this route will take you to Genting First World Hotel in 56'58".

& of course the alternative way is to exit at Jln Duta Tol & go via Batu Caves. Longer but better roads all the way.

Good Luck

p/s Thanx to Garmin & Malsingmaps. i hope it's ok to post this & help a friend in need, yes ?

part 1 to genting.PNG

part 2 to genting.PNG

Thanks

oohh.. thank you so much fellas! I'll just follow the map la. Btw, how to use this GPS thingy ah? Need to pay annual fee or something like that or not? If the map is reliable, then I'll probably get one?

Thanks

Kok Wei,

Go to malsingmaps.com and be a member (free) and this enables you to download and use their updated maps for free.

A good car GPS is the Nuvi 660 with text to speech or if you do not want that then the Nuvi 610 (I believe this one can have the feature as well)

Thanks

urgh.... need GPS to get to genting? what happened to the good-old roadsigns plus a map? isn't it more fun that way?
    Blog : www-stevenleong-com/blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Leong
    urgh.... need GPS to get to genting? what happened to the good-old roadsigns plus a map? isn't it more fun that way?
    You gotta be kidding! Guys are allergic to stop-and-ask-for-directions....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kok_wei
    oohh.. thank you so much fellas! I'll just follow the map la. Btw, how to use this GPS thingy ah? Need to pay annual fee or something like that or not? If the map is reliable, then I'll probably get one?
    oooo you should setup a with the good loctor.
    [I]if quentin T shave off all his hair, then he will be handsome abd botak like me...[/I]

Thanks

Yea yea... no need expensive GPS one... murah murah pun boleh...

Call me up ler..
    LoctorMayat Kurang Ajar!! Get Lost From My SB700 Thread!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kok_wei
    kok_wei, visit http://www.malsingmaps.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page to know more. Since last month, the free map is as of June 07, which is very good enough already. Latest maps will be unlocked only for actively contributing members.

for me, in a way, it's just another expensive toy/hobby along with my golf, photography & ciggarette . Do i really a need a GPS Navigation? Do i really need 180 f2.8 ? Do i really need the Tietliest D2 ? hmmmm...

Luckily, to justify , my current project involved travelling & searching for sites from Tg. Malim to Bkt. Kayu Hitam, so i got to GPS, i can take photos & play golf along the way...& luckily also i don't do girlfriends as another hobby... otherwise, very koyak.

Thread Information