Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Which video editing software have you used before?

Thanks

Re: Which video editing software have you used before?

Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

Quote: Reply to post by Malee 30th. june, 2011)

Love your reply which hit the nail on the head.
    Many of us are hobbyist, learning the ropes.
    Many out there have confused me a lot about some leading softwares. I can only afford the Sony Vegas Movie 9 Platinum Pro pack
    which cost me RM549.00 fully LICENSED and is an original software. Not a trial version or a pirated copy.
    Many have argued that, that is better than that and the other 'that' is better than 'that'...blah...blah.!!
    But folks, do you know just how much does a licensed purchase of the famous Final Cut Pro cost? How about the cost of Adobe CS 3?
    I can't imagine spending anything around RM8,000.00 for a software. What ever for?
    No, I do not own a production house that makes millions of ringgit nor works in a studio who uses the software paid by a company
    which can afford such cost. Remember this....it is still not YOUR software.
    Try buying it yourself without the famous "STUDENT" discount or group discounts version.
    Many butt their heads in to comment but please, please think about us hobbyists who is so broke and cannot afford to even smell
    the Adobe, Grass Valley or Apple's.
    I keep leaving this forum after some sad comments and I do not know why I just keep coming back here. Maybe because there are still
    some kind folks who understand that we are only hobbyist and still need to learn from each other.
    I am sincere that the administrator of this website wants many of us to comment and help each other.
    So I humbly wish that we all keep it this way. Thank you.

Sorry folks, this is only my 2 sens worth.

Regards
    Donald G. H. Tan
    Last edited by dontan; 04-10-2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Omitted reply qoute

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dontan For This Useful Post:

jamestyy (19-10-2013)

Thanks

I am using Corel Video Studio Pro X3/x4, user friendly interface and not cluttered menu...

Thanks

im using vegas pro 10 for its speed....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waikeatyeo View Post
    Me too! Fastest so far I think. Tried Final Cut Pro 11 and yeah, it is still the best in term of speed so far.
    Im using both PC and Apple Macbookpro. So currently Im using Final Cut Pro , Adobe After Effects, Sony Vegas Pro and some Adobe Premiere.

Thanks

I am on Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11. Got this free when I bought my Sony VG20. Still learning how to go around with video and all.

Thanks

Wow! That is a good deal...Welcome to the club.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waikeatyeo View Post
    Now vegas pro 11 is even faster with GPU acceleration support, but be warned that this version got many problem, u may face no problem if u r lucky though....

Thanks

Vegas 11 so far so good for me. Genuine. I think what is important must have powerful workhorse engine that can cope with video editing demands.

Thanks

its adobe premiere is good?
    http://www.qimieproduction.com

Thanks

i wouldn't touch it even if someone gives it for free. but end of the day it's always about self-preference. if the editor has a good spec pc, with good table and seats, he'll use anything as long as it gets the job done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Fu View Post
    i wouldn't touch it even if someone gives it for free. but end of the day it's always about self-preference. if the editor has a good spec pc, with good table and seats, he'll use anything as long as it gets the job done.
    Lol... you wouldn't touch premiere or Vegas? hahahah

I've never tried Vega Pro before, but I'd go for Premiere, as it can work natively with photoshop + after effects.... yes photoshop to get the correct colour grading profile... lol..

but the best platform i've work on is Final Cut Pro... hands down to it, just that i don't have an enough powerful mac to run it ....

Thanks

when done editting then convert to H 264...then which the best DVD burner wiht menu that can play to dvd player?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qimie_C View Post
    when done editting then convert to H 264...then which the best DVD burner wiht menu that can play to dvd player?
    Depends on your workflow, both Encore or DVD Studio Pro are awesome tools to build your own menus and scripts
    There's no best one out there for consumers like us.... Unless you got a HUGE budget la, like those massive hollywood production houses... they use Sonic Scenarist hahaha... maybe about $35,000USD for it, excluding the other gadgets and modules to work the system, probably add another 50K usd lol

Or malas sikit and jsut use iDVD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VinceCheong View Post
    Depends on your workflow, both Encore or DVD Studio Pro are awesome tools to build your own menus and scripts
    There's no best one out there for consumers like us.... Unless you got a HUGE budget la, like those massive hollywood production houses... they use Sonic Scenarist hahaha... maybe about $35,000USD for it, excluding the other gadgets and modules to work the system, probably add another 50K usd lol

Or malas sikit and jsut use iDVD
    im was try the NERO burner..but try to play to dvd player the dvd player said no file..

Thanks

I've been using Power Director 8 (since 2007) and 9 for my light video editing job..so far its ok for my needs.
    might jump to After Effects when I need more advance features later..

Thanks

I've been using Power Director 8 (since 2007) and 9 for my light video editing job..so far its ok for my needs.
    might jump to After Effects when I need more advance features later..

Thanks

is there any differences in output (data losses , not skill output) between imovie and final cut express or final cut pro or any other software discussed here?
    i'm working on simple education dvd, thinking to use animation based on keynote animation, convert to imovie then idvd.

and when i converting two minutes clip in imovie (animation) to .avi, the output is 1.9GB. means i will need 228GB for my 2 hours dvd. is it normal?

thanks all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by windofchange View Post
    is there any differences in output (data losses , not skill output) between imovie and final cut express or final cut pro or any other software discussed here?
    i'm working on simple education dvd, thinking to use animation based on keynote animation, convert to imovie then idvd.

and when i converting two minutes clip in imovie (animation) to .avi, the output is 1.9GB. means i will need 228GB for my 2 hours dvd. is it normal?

thanks all.
    your output size will be determined the codec and bitrate. During the output process, try to select different codec (probably something like H.264 or ProRes) with lower bitrate (5-7mbps should be fine). hope this helps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by windofchange View Post

thanks all.
    short answer: no.

when converting, it will convert to uncompressed avi, which is why the filesize is huge. this is normal, and preferable since you would want to have 100% quality from whatever quality that you put in to the result.

and you ALWAYS need to use a dedicated harddisk for video production, even if you don't necessarily need to. this is one of the reason, another would be you don't want to risk crashing everything else on your pc.

Thanks

I've finally decided to start learning to use Adobe Premier... Probably CS5.. Any suggestions on where I can find info about the PC System (Windows based) and what video graphics hardware that I need to consider buying?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information