Thread: Defective Sandisk Card - How To Make Warranty Claim, etc

Thanks

Defective Sandisk Card - How To Make Warranty Claim, etc

Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

I bought a SanDisk 4GB CF card from Low Yat some months ago.

I used it to shoot the recent fashion show at 1-Utama and filled up the card to almost maximum capacity before I switched to another card. When I tried to export the images (Nikon Raw & JPEG) to my PC, the card reader won't read it. The message which appeared on the screen was "The card is not accessible". I tried using other card readers, they also do not work. I tried using other cards (Kingston and Transcend) and they worked. So, the problem is with my Sandisk card.

This Sandisk card had been used by me before without any problems. Even now, the images can be viewed on my camera (Nikon D300), it just cannot be downloaded to the PC.

Do I have a damaged card ?

Is it covered by a "life guarantee". If so, how do I make that warranty claim ?

Is there any way that I can retrieve my pictures from the card ?

Thanks.
    [I]i shall pass this way but once ...... let me do the right things now .......
    [/I]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Defective Sandisk Card - How To Make Warranty Claim, etc

If the card can be used on your DSLR but can't be read on your PC through a card reader, so very high chance it is the incompatibility issue of the reader with the card.

If you are using a Sandisk reader, then it is a different story. If your reader is no brand or any brand...then I think you need to find another reader to read it.
    Dr Koh Kho King
    Wise men still seek Him!
    www.shashinki.com - Malaysia's First & Largest Online Camera Shop!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khoking View Post
    If the card can be used on your DSLR but can't be read on your PC through a card reader, so very high chance it is the incompatibility issue of the reader with the card. If you are using a Sandisk reader, then it is a different story. If your reader is no brand or any brand...then I think you need to find another reader to read it.
    Hi Kho Kin, thanks for your views.

I use a reader that is "built-in" on my Dell CPU. I have used this reader before to read this Sandisk card without any problem.

On the other hand, I have also tried a USB Comat reader and other card readers this time. They all did not work.
    [/I]

Thanks

sandisk distro is at lowyat plaza, 4th floor i think, vector
    try there is u exhausted all options to d/l ur files
    www.LURKER.smugmug.com

Thanks

if u use built-in reader on your PC..maybe the problem cause by the OS update..try use it with another card reader or another PC
    where is my sign ?? sigh~

Thanks

Kinsley, if u can still view it on ur D300, try transfering via a cable connection to ur D300 first. That way, u might be able to save the pictures.
    [URL="http://www.jasonbeyond.com"]www.jasonbeyond.com[/URL]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beyond View Post
    Kinsley, if u can still view it on ur D300, try transfering via a cable connection to ur D300 first. That way, u might be able to save the pictures.
    Tried but could not .
    [/I]

Thanks

As Lurker pointed out, Sandisk service office is in 3rd floor Low Yat Plaza. Send it there.

The problem will be they wanna see the receipt of purchase.

Thanks

Earlier today I left my office in Pahang early so that I could reach Low Yat before 5.00 pm to get to Sandisk's "service centre".

The Sandisk service kiosk on 4th Floor of Low Yat is a JOKE. It is manned by a young man who says he knows nothing and that the kiosk he mans is only a "drop-off point". I was asked to speak to a girl on the phone. She gave me the impression that she was part-timing the job and had little interest in my problem nor the problem with a memory card that Sandisk had sold and had given a life warranty on. "If you want to, you could drop the card at the kiosk" was her attitude.

The life warranty that Sandisk says they give their cards is another JOKE, only bigger. They expected me to produce that tiny cashier's printed receipt (like the one they give you at Old Town Kopitiam after you pay for your white coffee) in order to claim the warranty. Of course I don't have it anymore. Foto Shangri-la did not tell me I need to keep that miserable receipt when I bought the card from them ! The memory card has a serial number. Sandisk (or their local distributor) could easily have checked to find out if the card was sold by them.

When I asked that girl if they will help me retrieve my pictures from the card, she told me that it is their "law" (word is hers) that I will be charged a fee for that. It was then that I realised Sandisk is not serious about their warranty. I am quite happy not to hold Sandisk for losses to my data but to say that I need to pay them for trying to save my data which has been put into jeopardy by their inferior product is adding insult to injury.

Insult they did. That boy at the kiosk told the girl over the phone that my card is 70 years old as it is an Ultra II .

My advice is :
    DON'T BUY SANDISK, IT STINKS.
    [/I]

Thanks

I am closing this thread as I feel it deserves a different caption. The new thread is :

http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/...455#post617455
    [/I]

Thanks

THREAD IS CLOSED.
    [/I]

Thread Information