Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

    Hi,

    This is my 1st attempt to take macro picture using nikkor 105vr. I believe 105vr is a very good lens but the result that i produced is just so so.

    All photos taken using nikon40x, 105vr, tripod, pop up flash & 100% cropped using PS and export to GIF file.

    C&C are welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    10,981
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    well.. firstly you need to clean your sensor
    LoctorMayat Kurang Ajar!! Get Lost From My SB700 Thread!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Some more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Thanks for the sugeestion. anything go wrong with my sensor and how to clean it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    10,981
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    nothing go wrong.. just that got dust on your sensor. You need to get a blower to clean it
    LoctorMayat Kurang Ajar!! Get Lost From My SB700 Thread!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Noted. Will send it to nikon service center. Hope that it free .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,655
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 56 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    not able to view ur Exif

    1. try use MF
    - as ur pictures seem OOF
    - after fix ur magnification e.g. 1:1, move forward or backward to the object
    2. lighting , you make need to do diffuser (styrofoam plate....) or like mine
    flickr set
    3. try 1.3 or 1.2 :1 dun go to 1:1 straight
    4. try ur best to have SS 1/125, Aperture 8
    5. practice more, start with static object

    hope this help ..... and enjoy .. MACRO is not simple
    [URL="http://liewwkphoto.com/blog/"]liewwk Nature Photography Blog[/URL][URL="http://www.liewwkphoto.com/"] [/URL][URL="http://www.liewwkphoto.com/"]
    [/URL]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Thanks liewwk. I will try it again on this coming saturday.

    My main problem is i'm using a tripod and cannot easily move the camero body forward & backward.

    The ligting can be improve and most probably will get the SB600 an try to do some DIY work

    Do u mean i need to manually set the SS & Aperture to take macro photo? Usually i only set the aparture to get enough DOF.

    My another question is should we set the file format to RAW file when take macro photo? Can more detail by doing this?

    Please avise.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    48,314
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 700 Times in 592 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Follow sifu Liew's instruction closely and you'll improve very fast.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,655
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 56 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Quote Originally Posted by oldsnake View Post
    Thanks liewwk. I will try it again on this coming saturday.

    My main problem is i'm using a tripod and cannot easily move the camero body forward & backward.

    The ligting can be improve and most probably will get the SB600 an try to do some DIY work

    Do u mean i need to manually set the SS & Aperture to take macro photo? Usually i only set the aparture to get enough DOF.

    My another question is should we set the file format to RAW file when take macro photo? Can more detail by doing this?

    Please avise.
    yes, try to use manual or u can use Aperture mode too if that's is he case then try to make it F8 minimum as start

    shoot in RAW, so u can adjust saturation, exp (this is normally what I did) ....

    Quote Originally Posted by noordin View Post
    Follow sifu Liew's instruction closely and you'll improve very fast.
    thanks Noordin . not sifu .. just trying to share
    [URL="http://liewwkphoto.com/blog/"]liewwk Nature Photography Blog[/URL][URL="http://www.liewwkphoto.com/"] [/URL][URL="http://www.liewwkphoto.com/"]
    [/URL]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Ya...Bro Liewwk always very helpful and active in this forum....

    Thanks Liewwk....I will follow your instruction and will post on next saturday.

    Btw, any outing activity to take macro picture? I'll go to melawati mountain on this coming saturday, anyone want to join?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,655
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 56 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Quote Originally Posted by oldsnake View Post
    Ya...Bro Liewwk always very helpful and active in this forum....

    Thanks Liewwk....I will follow your instruction and will post on next saturday.

    Btw, any outing activity to take macro picture? I'll go to melawati mountain on this coming saturday, anyone want to join?
    welcome, i wish to join ... but only have 1st half ... let me ask around my kaki ...
    [URL="http://liewwkphoto.com/blog/"]liewwk Nature Photography Blog[/URL][URL="http://www.liewwkphoto.com/"] [/URL][URL="http://www.liewwkphoto.com/"]
    [/URL]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Come come all the micro kaki....come and join us. But be prepared, the entire journey take about 3-4 hours to walk up & down. However, we can patah balik haftway if cannot tahan

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,655
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 56 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Quote Originally Posted by oldsnake View Post
    Come come all the micro kaki....come and join us. But be prepared, the entire journey take about 3-4 hours to walk up & down. However, we can patah balik haftway if cannot tahan
    will reply u later .. u can add me into wkliew@hotmail.com
    [URL="http://liewwkphoto.com/blog/"]liewwk Nature Photography Blog[/URL][URL="http://www.liewwkphoto.com/"] [/URL][URL="http://www.liewwkphoto.com/"]
    [/URL]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,967
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    ... would love to join in the fun, but like I have posted before, it's very rear I have the opportunity to shoot macro on a weekend ... do have fun for the rest joining in this macro gathering ... after all, learning come with fun is must more interesting ...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: My 1st macro exprience with nikkor 105VR

    Quote Originally Posted by nel View Post
    ... would love to join in the fun, but like I have posted before, it's very rear I have the opportunity to shoot macro on a weekend ... do have fun for the rest joining in this macro gathering ... after all, learning come with fun is must more interesting ...
    You are welcome....but we may change location to FRIM. I will confirm to everyone on Friday night.

    Tomorrow morning 8:30am. Wait in front of FRIM.
    Last edited by oldsnake; 27-06-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [WTS] Nikkor 70~200VR, 105VR, TC170E2...
    By WEEFAR in forum Buy / Sell (Photography)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20-03-2007, 05:32 PM
  2. 105VR again.
    By dtbh in forum General Showcase
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 11:37 AM
  3. 105vr @ Fashion 1-U
    By DPnikon in forum General Showcase
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 08:42 PM
  4. I have time...with the 105VR
    By dtbh in forum General Showcase
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 16-04-2006, 10:54 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •