Thread: Colorspace....have any of you heard about this..

Thanks

Colorspace....have any of you heard about this..

Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

I bought a Colorspace online from the Singapore distributor Memory World. It is similar to Vosonic, Aska, Jobo and is a photo storage device manufactured by Hyperdrive in China with an office in the US.
    I'm highlighting this as I am very upset with the after sales service and to warn all other SA members on this issue should they ever consider buying this product.
    After a few weeks from the date I received it, the device just 'hang' one day. After being asked to try numerous firmware by their support in China which didn't work, they asked me to send my unit back. Had to send it back via UPS. After several days and reminders and follow ups
    they sent me a replacement ( not new and most probably a demo unit looking at the condition).This worked for a few months and recently it gave me further problems. Imagine a message saying: "This unit is not for sale" and thereafter none of the buttons would respond. There would be a message; Warning: Timeout. Please reboot. Upon re-starting it would go into a loop again with the same messages.
    Email to the support service was reponded only after several days and that was after reminders were sent.They asked me to try a firmware update which still didn't work as I cannot backup files from the CF card into the device even though I can now turn it on.
    I'm really pissed and want to highlight it to you guys so that you learn from my mistake. Besides the above the issue of having to try every remedy yourself, removing the HDD from the casing, transferring existing files to another HDD , formatting and re-formatting the HDD each time as it has a different OS.....
    Buying a device online without local support is really stressful....not worth it!!
    If any of you have any experience with a Colorspace plse share it with me....
    Thanks... needed to get that off my chest....

Thanks

Re: Colorspace....have any of you heard about this..

Hi,
    Mind to share how much you pay for this one and which model ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macropixman View Post
    I bought a Colorspace online from the Singapore distributor Memory World. It is similar to Vosonic, Aska, Jobo and is a photo storage device manufactured by Hyperdrive in China with an office in the US.
    I'm highlighting this as I am very upset with the after sales service and to warn all other SA members on this issue should they ever consider buying this product.
    After a few weeks from the date I received it, the device just 'hang' one day. After being asked to try numerous firmware by their support in China which didn't work, they asked me to send my unit back. Had to send it back via UPS. After several days and reminders and follow ups
    they sent me a replacement ( not new and most probably a demo unit looking at the condition).This worked for a few months and recently it gave me further problems. Imagine a message saying: "This unit is not for sale" and thereafter none of the buttons would respond. There would be a message; Warning: Timeout. Please reboot. Upon re-starting it would go into a loop again with the same messages.
    Email to the support service was reponded only after several days and that was after reminders were sent.They asked me to try a firmware update which still didn't work as I cannot backup files from the CF card into the device even though I can now turn it on.
    I'm really pissed and want to highlight it to you guys so that you learn from my mistake. Besides the above the issue of having to try every remedy yourself, removing the HDD from the casing, transferring existing files to another HDD , formatting and re-formatting the HDD each time as it has a different OS.....
    Buying a device online without local support is really stressful....not worth it!!
    If any of you have any experience with a Colorspace plse share it with me....
    Thanks... needed to get that off my chest....

Thanks

Re: Colorspace....have any of you heard about this..

Web site - http://www.hyperdrive.com/
    Latest new model Hyperdrive Colorspace UDMA look nice but....any user using?

Thread Information