Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 HP aircon .. what to get?

Thanks

1 HP aircon .. what to get?

Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

any recommendations? mine koyak already after 18 years .... time to look for new one.

Thanks

Re: 1 HP aircon .. what to get?

For premium performance residential a/c - Toshiba/Daikin
    For general performance residential a/c - Panasonic/Mitsubishi/Hitachi
    For great look but ok performance - LG
    For good reputation but ok performance - York
    For poor reputation but ok performance - Midea
    For poor reputation and poor performance - Acson

These are just my own recommendation. I've Toshiba, LG, Hitachi and Acson.

Thanks

Wow din know Daikin is top notch ... :O

thanks dude... think I have an idea of what to look for already.

Thanks

try panasonic envio, the one with inverter...

Thanks

most expensive lo.. 1.3k+ for the latest envio2 with inverter and it seems the most energy saving is benchmarked on their their 1.5HP model, not ther 1HP model.

I can't get the 1.5HP coz the space is just fit for 1HP ... a bigger indoor unit would mean I have to relocate and korek another lubang some where else in the room. Which I don't think I want to do.

Moreover 1.5HP is kind of overkill for my tiny lil' room.

Thanks for the suggestion anyhow. Keep it coming!

Thanks

What about fujiaire? I'm looking for a 1HP a/c too...daikin is how much eh?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seethoe View Post
    For premium performance residential a/c - Toshiba/Daikin
    For general performance residential a/c - Panasonic/Mitsubishi/Hitachi
    For great look but ok performance - LG
    For good reputation but ok performance - York
    For poor reputation but ok performance - Midea
    For poor reputation and poor performance - Acson

These are just my own recommendation. I've Toshiba, LG, Hitachi and Acson.
    Agree with seethoe to all of his suggestions.

FYI Daikin is a premium brand in Japan and also Singapore. Have been using them as long as I can remember during the days when I was in Singapore, and now here. And that is 40 over years oredi.

Daikin is one of the few brands that brought their product over here completely built up (CBU), at a very competitive price. That spells confidence.
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Zamrud's photo workshops [COLOR=Black]+[/COLOR] Photoshop editing [COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] click[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B][URL="http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111786"][COLOR=Red]HERE[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR]

Thanks

daikin.. 1k if not mistaken(quite sometimes oredy) .. plus install... i surveyed arnd before.. i remember they receomend me daikin or panasonic (non - ioniser)... abt 1k...

its in kota kemuning....
    http://flipsnap.blogspot.com , FB: anipiah is apai

Thanks

no 1k dude.... more than 1.3k if not wrong for the inverter model. price is an edge higher than panasonic if I remember....

Thanks

are there any chances that these airconds are being OEM-ed from another manufacturer? well, they looked the same and most of the remote control can be used inter-brand...

Thanks

don't know about daikin. but I know york and acson looks the same, remote also same, and can be used to turn on both york and acson. I don't like those 2 cos after a few years they make noise. ish tak suka... so for me I think it's narrowed down to panasonic or daikin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sushimonster View Post
    don't know about daikin. but I know york and acson looks the same, remote also same, and can be used to turn on both york and acson. I don't like those 2 cos after a few years they make noise. ish tak suka... so for me I think it's narrowed down to panasonic or daikin.
    Yeah Acson used to OEM for York, thus the similarity. Only Panasonic and Daikin (so far) came up with their own version of inverter, ion plasma and circuitry.

I just bought mine a Daikin 2 months back for my Master Bedroom. It's a 1.5hp (inverter) and cost me RM1.5k + installation. If I'm not mistaken the 1hp cost 1.2k.

Had a York and LG before..........they were noisy and consumes electricity like water. Now all my units are Daikins.

Btw....IMHO u won't go wrong with either the Pana or the Daikin.
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Zamrud's photo workshops [COLOR=Black]+[/COLOR] Photoshop editing [COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] click[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B][URL="http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111786"][COLOR=Red]HERE[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR]

Thanks

like that i'm gonna change my LGs and York for Daikin
    www.PhotoDesk.com.my

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zamrud View Post
    Yeah Acson used to OEM for York, thus the similarity. Only Panasonic and Daikin (so far) came up with their own version of inverter, ion plasma and circuitry.

I just bought mine a Daikin 2 months back for my Master Bedroom. It's a 1.5hp (inverter) and cost me RM1.5k + installation. If I'm not mistaken the 1hp cost 1.2k.

Had a York and LG before..........they were noisy and consumes electricity like water. Now all my units are Daikins.

Btw....IMHO u won't go wrong with either the Pana or the Daikin.
    hey that's a good deal. 1.5k inclusive of install for 1.5hp? then 1.2k 1hp inverter is really a good price... will go check it out later.

Yes york makes noise after a while is a known fact to me, seen many many york splits like that. So ... york and acson is off my list.

Thanks

hey that's a good deal. 1.5k inclusive of install for 1.5hp? then 1.2k 1hp inverter is really a good price... will go check it out later.

Yes york makes noise after a while is a known fact to me, seen many many york splits like that. So ... york and acson is off my list.
    • Daikin's Inverter is using R-22 refrigerants (which is cheaper to install and service in the future)
    • Panasonic's Inverter is using R-410a refrigerants (the price of refrigerant is 3 times the value of R-22; therefore the price of installation and maintenance in the future will be higher)
    Daikin has a Non-inverter type too, but to my recommendation, the Inverter would be better if your room is not open all the time (less leak of cooling capacity) as the inverter compressor will ram-up slowly to achieve the cooling capacity.

img_tips_inverter02.jpg

Inverter Advantages Compared to Non-Inverter:
    • Energy Saving - After the indoor temperature approaches the set temperature, Inverter Control adjusts to low capacity operation to maintain this temperature. This makes inverter models more energy-saving than non-inverter models, which must repeatedly start or stop their compressors to maintain the room temperature.
    • Powerful - Inverter air conditioners operate at maximum capacity as soon as they start up. As a result, the set temperature can be reached more quickly.
    • Comfortable - Inverter air conditioners finely adjust capacity according to changes in the air-conditioning load and the difference between the indoor temperature and set temperature is small. These give higher comfort levels than with non-inverter air conditioners.
    • Variable Capacity Operation - Inverter air conditioners are able to vary their operating capacity. Non-inverter air conditioners can only operate at a fixed capacity.
    img_tips_inverter01.jpg

m_02.gif

Lastly, if you have sinus, Inverter would be better as temperature is almost constantly even, thus you will not kick-off the blanket or comforter away during middle of the night.

*Just my 2 cents of thoughts*

Thanks

where's the best place in kl to get that best price of daikin 1hp + installation? i'm looking forward to install one unit for my bedroom soon...can't stand the heat nowadays as i'll be sweating during the time when i wake up every morning...and it's due to inproper ventilation of my (old) house actually...

Thanks

yes 40% saving but read the fine print, based on daikin's 5.0kW and 6.0kW models. We're talking 5000 - 6000W of juice here! against a 1HP model wich is a mere 725W or 0.7kW.... is like comparing a kancil vs ferrari ....

using simple maths (which isn't the right way), 6000kW saves 40% power,... means 725W saves only... 5% (probably less if u get an electrical engineer to calculate the relative equivalent) ? It would probably be safe to say that for 1HP models inverter vs non inverter is not significantly different in power savings.

further to that note, savings using inverter is realized if u're running 24 hour operations. If u run only 4-5 hours for night use the savings would be even more insignificant.... i.e. 2 hours at full load to get the room down to the right tempreature... and 2 hours of inverter savings...

open for debat!
    Last edited by Sushimonster; 29-01-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks

Just a couple of note concerning refrigeration and inverter.

Refrigeration - Malaysia has gone green and all gomen jobs are non-CFC ie R-22 phased out. Global supply of R-22 is reducing fast and cost of R-22 may be higher than green refrigerant ie R410a in times to come. The latest green refrigerant is CO2 (yes the one we breathe in and out) and it would be very competitive in years to come.

Inverter - Part performance of inverter compressors is not good for household units. Malaysia's electricity cost is quite competitive and there's not much saving from inverter use for household and ROI could be negative so do your own calculation. But the noise level for inverter outdoor unit is lesser, good for those that install outdoor unit close to windows. Temperature control for inverter unit is of course better.

Ionizer are hopeless for household use. Good filters and maintenance of filters are more important.

Note: I dun work for Daikin, just in case... Just my opinion...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calios View Post
    where's the best place in kl to get that best price of daikin 1hp + installation? i'm looking forward to install one unit for my bedroom soon...can't stand the heat nowadays as i'll be sweating during the time when i wake up every morning...and it's due to inproper ventilation of my (old) house actually...
    Call them....they might help u for the nearest distributor near u:
    Daikin Sdn Bhd. (Sunway)
    Tel: 603-5636 8888 (Bobby Lim)

yes 40% saving but read the fine print, based on daikin's 5.0kW and 6.0kW models. We're talking 5000 - 6000W of juice here! against a 1HP model wich is a mere 725W or 0.7kW.... is like comparing a kancil vs ferrari ....

using simple maths (which isn't the right way), 6000kW saves 40% power,... means 725W saves only... 5% (probably less if u get an electrical engineer to calculate the relative equivalent) ? It would probably be safe to say that for 1HP models inverter vs non inverter is not significantly different in power savings.

further to that note, savings using inverter is realized if u're running 24 hour operations. If u run only 4-5 hours for night use the savings would be even more insignificant....

open for debat!
    This is just an estimate...

Previous: LG 1.5hp (non-inverter) & Daikin (inverter) 1hp .......electricity bill = RM180+

Now: Daikin 1.5hp + Daikin 1hp (inverter) ..........electricity bill = RM110+

Now I know who's the culprit........

Thanks

thanks for that. what I really din like is the ionizer has another filter which is not rewashable.. u need to replace every 3 months! I wonder if they have a non ionizer model available. Coz I already have a floor standing ionizer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information