Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: May 2009 - EvonT.

Thanks

May 2009 - EvonT.

Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

We are proud to announce our PhotoMalaysia featured photographer of the month - May 2009:

Name:  resizep.jpg
Views: 23282
Size:  246.2 KB

EvonT.

This month, out featured photographer was chosen because of her consistent and persistent attempts at making different portraits of herself. She is a good example of someone trying to things differently. To experiment. This is an attitude which can be of example and encouragement to others.

Here is the interview with EvonT. :

Q: Evon, please give a brief introduction of yourself

Hey people! I'm Evon T.a.k.a Evon Tan. I am working as a freelancer, by doing modeling, fashion design, masquerade mask design and stylist.

You all can know more about me by checking out my blog, http://evont.blogspot.com/, which i update it very often. And all my works will be published there.

Q: What is your history in photography?

My photography is started off because of modeling. i can still remember my first modeling job in PhotoMalaysia, a very big thanks to Desmond, Dr. Teh and Andre for willing to work with a newbie like me that time. And after the shoot is posted, i have received many working chances from here.

I always feel so thankful because you all are still willing to work with me even though there are so many new faces popping up everyday, i am so honoured.

Thanks to Dr. Teh
    Name:  2124709526bc00c5f70eo.jpg
Views: 4094
Size:  81.3 KB

I have discovered my love for photography since then. I start taking photos with just a handphone camera, in fact, most of the recent photos that you all have seen from me, are taken by handphone photos. i love the grainy effect, i love the inperfection, and its the most convenient tool for me to express my thoughts. I own another point n shoot camera, Sony T2, another tool for me in this journey. Recently i bought a Blackbird,fly, still learning how to make a good photo by using it.

And since this year, i have started to actually plan and execute a photoshoot, from getting inspired, planning for the art direction, styling, makeup, hairdo, postpocessing and modeling. Big thanks to my very good friend, luke, who are willing to be the man behind the camera, taking care of the technical part and chip in some good ideas. You all can see the works from my blog, we are constantly having at least two shoots per month.

Name:  bs4.jpg
Views: 4083
Size:  53.6 KB

Q: Describe your style of photography

I would describe my style of photography as conceptual, surreal with little bit of quirkiness. I wouldn't call myself as a photographer, because i am just a girl who use photos to express my thought like any others. Some people comment that why I always taking pictures of myself as if i am a narcissist, and that is very wrong.

I am that kind of girl who always have weird thoughts going on my mind, I am pretty adventurous and rebellious when comes to art, I don't enjoy following the rules, I don't like to be tied to all the restrictions. Most importantly, who would understand what i am trying to express better than i myself, and that is the reason that i do self portraits, which i can take full control in expressing my own thoughts.

My photos are defintely not only all about me. There are other photos that i took, mostly about the places i have been, or some beautiful 'picture' i have seen in my daily life. i will still focus on the overall mood instead of getting a technically correct photos. I have to agree that technical part is very important in bringing a better viewing quality photo, but for me, it would be an empty photo if there is no story inside it.

Name:  dsc01190edit.jpg
Views: 4040
Size:  218.2 KB

Q: How does it like being a model AND photographer at the same time?

Being a model has brought me great pleasures, not as in i gained some exposures, but it's the satisfactions of being involved in so many beautiful photos that shot by different kind of inspiring photographers. I always believe that I can learn something from everyone, the photographer could be a newbie, he could have no experience in photography at all, but somehow i will still find myself learn something, something invaluable, from every shooting experience.

Modeling for me is not about striking beautiful poses in front of camera, but a model should bring energy to everyone in the scene. That is why i will never say i am tired when i model, because I believe that keeping myself high energy could somehow motivate the photographers.

Allow me to take this chance to say thanks to every photographers, who give me so many chances in this journey of exploring photography and, myself. I cherish every single bit of it. Thank you so much.

Name:  mg1764ori.jpg
Views: 4193
Size:  224.9 KB

When i do self portraits, i need to switch myself between three roles, photographer, model and viewer. Have i captured the best it could be as a photographer? Have i done my part well as a model? And could i feel what the photo is trying to portray as a viewer? these are the three questions i have to ask myself over and over again whenever i do self portraits, I have experienced countless mistakes and errors, but i believe that the best way to learn is to learn from your mistakes.

I still cannot make a perfect pictures, in fact nothing is perfect and nothing can please everyone, but i must at least show improvements everytime. I hope that for those who have been following my works all these while, would have seen the improvements from photo to photo.

Name:  edited1w.jpg
Views: 3976
Size:  287.5 KB

Q: Lastly, any advice for aspiring PhotoMalaysia.com photographers/future models?

I do not think that i am qualified to be in this position to actually give advice to everyone, what i can do is just sharing from what i have learnt so far.

For photographers, it is very important to have your own style in your photos. Ideas are never orginal anymore, all of them have been thought of or have been executed by someone somewhere, but the interesting part is how to add in your own personal touch and turn the ordinary ideas into a not so ordinary one. Be creative!

For models, take the camera as your best friend, your lover or even your enemy! It would be helpful in giving different kind of expressions. Most importantly, feel the sense of belonging in front of camera, camera wont bite.

Last but not least, love photography and photography will love you more.

Thankie Thankie to everyone!
    LoctorMayat Kurang Ajar!! Get Lost From My SB700 Thread!!

Thanks

Re: Featured Photographer - May 2009

Let me be the first to congratulate you here, Evon.

Love working with you.

Your smile is sexy ... do that more. The boys will love that.
    http://www.pbase.com/chenws

Thanks

Congrats Ms. Tan. Love your work!!

Thanks

congrats! love your self portraits.
    http://www.behance.net/photodelics

Thanks

2nd Featured photographer. Congrats!

Thanks

congratz....!!! hard to believe it..hehe
    http://www.facebook.com/davidgkt88

Thanks

Congrats again..............love working with u........glad and honored to have known u in the first place....wouldnt want u to change for anything less.

May ur future be as bright as u and more.
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Zamrud's photo workshops [COLOR=Black]+[/COLOR] Photoshop editing [COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] click[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B][URL="http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111786"][COLOR=Red]HERE[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR]

Thanks

Congrats Evon.

It is my pleasure to have worked with you. You have what it takes, and much more, amongst all the models I have worked with. After that shoot I was certain you will be up there. And your photography is something to be proud of.

For you, a shot that many liked of you at my Flickr site.

Even though I do not shoot models of late I know I will be back someday. May we work again in the future.

Thanks

Congrats to the real artist !

tungtong2009

http://www.http://www.flickr.com/photos/tungtong/

Thanks

Congrats, Evon.

Maybe, maybe one day, I will have the privilege of working with you.

Unfortunately, for the time being, my direction is squarely in the direction of documentary photography.

But we can dream, can't we?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Congrats...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chenws View Post
    Let me be the first to congratulate you here, Evon.

Love working with you.

Your smile is sexy ... do that more. The boys will love that.
    Hehe.. Big thanks to doctor!! would definitely want to work with you again in the future

Quote Originally Posted by mhogolf View Post
    Congrats Ms. Tan. Love your work!!
    hehe thanks

Quote Originally Posted by photodelics View Post
    congrats! love your self portraits.
    thankz!!! ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanz View Post
    2nd Featured photographer. Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidgkt88 View Post
    congratz....!!! hard to believe it..hehe
    it's unbelievable for me as well XD thankz!

Quote Originally Posted by zamrud View Post
    Congrats again..............love working with u........glad and honored to have known u in the first place....wouldnt want u to change for anything less.

May ur future be as bright as u and more.
    Thank you master zam!!! everytime working with you is a great pleasure for me <3

Quote Originally Posted by dtbh View Post
    Congrats Evon.

It is my pleasure to have worked with you. You have what it takes, and much more, amongst all the models I have worked with. After that shoot I was certain you will be up there. And your photography is something to be proud of.

For you, a shot that many liked of you at my Flickr site.

Even though I do not shoot models of late I know I will be back someday. May we work again in the future.
    thank you so much it's such an honour for me to work with you we msut do a shoot again when you're back! hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by tungtong View Post
    Congrats to the real artist !

tungtong2009

thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by divina View Post
    Congrats, Evon.

Maybe, maybe one day, I will have the privilege of working with you.

Unfortunately, for the time being, my direction is squarely in the direction of documentary photography.

But we can dream, can't we?
    yes, we shall be dreaming I love your photography style so much! been waiting for the day to work with you ^^
    www.evontevont.blogspot.com

Thanks

Congratulation. Great Photos. I am on my way to moving in photography world.. Will work hard to express my though in my future photograph.. good job
    Nikon|D90|18-105mm|70-300mm|SB700

Thanks

Congrats Ms Tan. I like the way you express differently! Keep it up!

Thanks

from a model become photographer with full of creativity and artistic style, salute and well deserved !
    I'm full time gear head, yes i am... :D

Thanks

For once I can say , you deserve it....

Congrats gal
    Flash light diffuser here

Thanks

congratulation Miss Evon T... keep it up!
    Your 1st 10,000 shots are your worst - H.C. Besson; thank god for memory cards.

Thanks

congrats evon... you deserve it... i still remember seeing your photo posted here by r4dical...
    www.cheritapictures.com

Thanks

congratulation tooo.. to evont...
    www.flickr.com/asmawiyusof

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxby View Post
    Congrats...
    thankz!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldlee007 View Post
    Congratulation. Great Photos. I am on my way to moving in photography world.. Will work hard to express my though in my future photograph.. good job
    we add oil together thankie!

Quote Originally Posted by Manta View Post
    Congrats Ms Tan. I like the way you express differently! Keep it up!
    hehe thank you so much ^^

Quote Originally Posted by david.tan View Post
    from a model become photographer with full of creativity and artistic style, salute and well deserved !
    thanks alot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by edward chan View Post
    For once I can say , you deserve it....

Congrats gal
    thank you, nice working with you!

Quote Originally Posted by damak View Post
    congratulation Miss Evon T... keep it up!
    thankz!!! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by padilopadilan View Post
    congrats evon... you deserve it... i still remember seeing your photo posted here by r4dical...
    hehehe... you can remember well huh? lol.. thankz!

Quote Originally Posted by jusoh View Post
    congratulation tooo.. to evont...
    thank you^^
    www.evontevont.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information