Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    Advertise here
    photomalaysia@gmail.com

    Dear Forummers,

    An acquaintance of mine have been receiving a few nasty sms from a few handphone numbers. These messages are really viscious and downright disgusting.

    Is there a way to find out who the numbers belong to? I know sometimes upon registering the pre-paid numbers people simply put down anybody's name and the seller wouldnt even care. But its a start.

    Any advice?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    602
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    AFAIK, an individual can't trace. The mobile operators can since they have the records/registrations. But only the law has the authority to authorize a trace. So make a police report, and let them look into it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Shah Alam
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    Thanks bro. I think that would be the best course of action.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    If you are using a PDA phone (Windows Mobile based) like HTC, Asus etc, you can easily download a block calls/sms software. Those messages will never reach you. Ignorance can be bliss. Plus you do not have to keep changing phone numbers, and spare yourself the inconvenience of telling everybody of your new number or missed important calls etc.

    But I've never tested the software myself (never had the need), so I don't know if the sender will know that their sms did not reach the recipient (causing the sender to think you have changed your number), or the sender will think their sms got through (but the phone software deleted/blocked it). In the second case, the sender may keep sending thinking that you are still reading their nasty messages. So you might want to give different software a try to suit your need.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ShaShinKi City...
    Posts
    21,616
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    I received spam to my handphone from time to time, just ignore and delete it. Don't spend time blocking it, useless.
    Dr Koh Kho King
    Wise men still seek Him!
    www.shashinki.com - Malaysia's First & Largest Online Camera Shop!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    2,391
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    Quote Originally Posted by amirulbahri View Post
    Dear Forummers,

    An acquaintance of mine have been receiving a few nasty sms from a few handphone numbers. These messages are really viscious and downright disgusting.

    Is there a way to find out who the numbers belong to? I know sometimes upon registering the pre-paid numbers people simply put down anybody's name and the seller wouldnt even care. But its a start.

    Any advice?
    I have a female friend also received such sms from one person.
    Made police report, and police asked her to try and bait the caller, like being friendly and things like that.
    I think that person sense it and stop disturbing her.
    Anyway, get the hp of the police incharge, anything your friend can direct contact the police. that what my friend did.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    KLIA
    Posts
    358
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    report to Police or contact Suruhanjaya Komunikasi Multimedia Malaysia (cyberjaya)
    they will check for u the contact number

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    676
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    i received mms from MAXIS some stoopid promo and when i view the mms i have to pay for the download for their nonsense ads. becareful.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penang
    Posts
    5,185
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    You can actually call your mobile operator to block everything....they can even selectively block sms by their source number.

    Historically, I was so angry with the spam SMS. They are SMS about new friend invitation and each SMS is billed to me. I called Maxis why this is happening. They said it probably was because I subscribed to some spam website. They helped me to set up the block at their end. Smartly and amazingly, those block blocked out those bad sms but leaving sms from maxis or from the banks still pass through.
    William Tay
    Happy moments,PRAISE GOD>Difficult moments,SEEK GOD>Quiet moments,WORSHIP GOD>Painful moments,TRUST GOD>Every moment,THANK GOD.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    kuala lumpur
    Posts
    954
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarr View Post
    If you are using a PDA phone (Windows Mobile based) like HTC, Asus etc, you can easily download a block calls/sms software. Those messages will never reach you. Ignorance can be bliss. Plus you do not have to keep changing phone numbers, and spare yourself the inconvenience of telling everybody of your new number or missed important calls etc..
    Good idea. I use one on my iphone.. and it work as advertised. Pretty handy tool.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    kuala lumpur
    Posts
    954
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    Quote Originally Posted by khoking View Post
    I received spam to my handphone from time to time, just ignore and delete it. Don't spend time blocking it, useless.
    I dont think blocking it is "spending time". You just do it once and then you save yourself the time and trouble deleting unwanted sms etc. Its fine if you receive only 1 or 2.. but when its too much, its a nuisance.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    CAT CITY
    Posts
    590
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Talking Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    Quote Originally Posted by kamarul View Post
    I dont think blocking it is "spending time". You just do it once and then you save yourself the time and trouble deleting unwanted sms etc. Its fine if you receive only 1 or 2.. but when its too much, its a nuisance.
    I using delete "message folder" most of the time, save a lot of time !!
    I don't keep my sms.. just delete all

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    kuala lumpur
    Posts
    954
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    Quote Originally Posted by RODNEYY View Post
    I using delete "message folder" most of the time, save a lot of time !!
    I don't keep my sms.. just delete all
    Can do that too!

    But if receive important data/info all the time by sms.. you keep them there for easy reference. (And you have date record too). I have probably 2/3000 sms in my inbox that i keep.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I have a female friend also received such sms from one person.
    Made police report, and police asked her to try and bait the caller, like being friendly and things like that.
    I think that person sense it and stop disturbing her.
    Anyway, get the hp of the police incharge, anything your friend can direct contact the police. that what my friend did.
    Great idea by the police

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    Quote Originally Posted by khoking View Post
    I received spam to my handphone from time to time, just ignore and delete it. Don't spend time blocking it, useless.
    Receiving spam once a week or once a month is different, compared to receiving nasty sms from unwanted person everyday or multiple times a day. Receiving the nasty sms is already annoying, and even though you ignore it, you still have to manually delete every sms, and sometimes you'll catch glimpse of the message through the preview, which then makes you angry some more, and may even ruin your day.

    Installing a block software only takes less than 1 minute and that's it. Peace of mind of the that.

    And another thing, we are all here to give ideas and suggestions to help our friend who have this problem. You can give yours, but there is no need to say other people's suggestion is "useless". That's just plain rude.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    One Step... On The Dot...
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: How to trace owner of a handphone number?

    Commercial spam? just delete lah. Personal attack? Just lodge police report lah.

    Block? no need lah. Except if you're a very well known / very rich tycoon whereby commercial spams reach your hp every single hour, then block lah.

    However from the random 5 figures commercial SMS blasting service number rendered to various types of businesses, well.. just imagine how many numbers we need to block.

    My 2 cents.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Can GPS trace our location?
    By chay74 in forum Corner Café
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 21-03-2009, 08:14 PM
  2. Trace your PosLaju parcel at ShaShinKi.com!
    By khoking in forum ShaShinKi Dot Com (www.shashinki.com)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 09:01 AM
  3. Find out the owner of a phone number?
    By jmmbacon in forum General Showcase
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 06:28 PM
  4. Lens Or Handphone ???
    By sunnysan in forum Corner Café
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 03:34 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •