google-site-verification: googleff3ef223fa187539.html Oct 2009 - Jetfynn - PhotoMalaysia - Malaysia's Largest Photography Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oct 2009 - Jetfynn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct 2009 - Jetfynn

We are proud to announce our PhotoMalaysia featured photographer of the month - Oct 2009:

Click image for larger version

Name:	minho1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	3521432

Jetfynn

This month, our featured photographer was chosen because of his years & years of experience in shooting weddings all over the country and is a role model to all PhotoMalaysia members

Here is the interview with jetfynn. :

1) Please tell us a little about yourself.

I'm Min Ho, a full time photographer together with my lovely wife Anne who co-founded Jet Fynn Studio which is based in Ipoh. Perak. Incidently, Jet & Fynn actually are the names of our children.

Our works can be found at:

www.jetfynn.com
    www.jetfynn.blogspot.com

2) What is your photography history?

My entry into photography started from a compact camera given to me on my 12th birthday from a loving aunt. It became a great joy and found myself shooting a lot and made a lot of mistakes as well along the way. Boy, film was expensive to a small boy then and every roll shot means expenditure. Managed to pester one of my uncles to get me my first SLR in 1982 and suddenly found myself to be the "official" photographer for the entire family!

Name:	minho02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	3521433

Other people started to take notice and became appointed as the official school photographer 1983-1987. Had my first wedding photography experience for a relative in 1982 for an ang pow and had my first paid wedding assignment in 1984. Continued doing weddings from word of mouth referrals alone after that.

Set-up Jet Fynn in 1996 as a part-time business while working during the weekdays. Slowly and steadily gathering momentum until the digital age came in and we took the challenge to go full time after much influence and guidance by a fellow photographer friend and mentor who even sold me his studio equipments to help me set-up Jet Fynn professionally.

Name:	minho03.jpg
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	3521434

Teaching photography at a college is considered as one of the proud achievements together with clients flying us overseas to cover their weddings as the other achievements including shooting for royalty which we are honoured to have as well.

Do you know that I have shot 2 generations of weddings? The parents as well as their children wedding

3) What is your style? What makes you different from the other wedding photographer?

Photography styles is rather fluid as there are many elements and influences from a lot of masters which I admire. Then again, in wedding photography, every event won't be the same and there's always something new happening. Creative juices flow at every event and we have to make use of every scene and available time to shoot and styles can change to suit the mood of the event.

Name:	minho04.jpg
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	3521435

What makes me different?

The main focus and theme will always be striving to capture the moments and the emotional content of the people involved in the wedding, be it the couple, relatives, friends and even the ambience of the event and link them together to record and convey the flow of a story + a personal touch to every finger and eye coordination at every click.

In short, I would describe the concept as "The Art of Visual Storytelling" - Min Ho.

Name:	minho05.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	3521436

4) Any advise for young and aspiring wedding photographers in PM.com?

Amongst all the branches of photography, wedding photography is actually one of the easiest to enter BUT also the toughest to master as the conditions can and may change during the last minute or even within a few moments! The skills of a wedding photographer encompasses photojournalism, portraiture, fine art, landscape, sports and sometimes even architectural photography elements as well! Remember, there is very little or no room for error and the whole thing can't be repeated.

Name:	minho06.jpg
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	3521437

A word of advice for aspiring wedding photographers would be:

- Get yourself a mentor. Learn from him/her the ropes and don't belok-belok!
    - Learn the flow of a wedding first. (Different cultures have different styles of ceremonies and themes)
    - Then agree to be the back-up photographer or the second photographer before venturing out on a solo wedding assignment AFTER you have gained enough experience and confidence.
    - Don't be afraid to experiment. (A word of caution: Try not to do that if you are still not confident of your skills on a paid assignment at the expense of your paying couple as you can't afford a screw-up,right?)
    - Always have back-up, Back-up and BACK-UP on equipments, batteries, memory cards, etc, etc...

In conclusion, I would like to quote from a very famous person, photography is like - " It's 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration".- Thomas Edison

Name:	minho07.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	3521438

Last edited by LoctorMayat; 02-10-2009, 08:54 PM.
    LoctorMayat Kurang Ajar!! Get Lost From My SB700 Thread!!

Re: Featured Photographer - Oct 2009

Congratulation to you Mr Ong !

Comment

congratulations!!!
      www.MalaysianGallery.com

Comment

Congratulation Jetfyn!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats. Very good advise that all of us should keep in mind too.

Comment

btw... can you guys see the photos?

Comment

Originally posted by LoctorMayat View Post
                btw... can you guys see the photos?
                nope. i went to his website..
                www.MalaysianGallery.com

Comment

dang!!! have to redo again...

Comment

LM.. cannot see photo la. But don't see oso I know Jetfynn is one of the best in the industry. Budding wedding photographer should learn from this man. This is a well deserved honour for Jetfynn.
                    SAYA TUKANG GAMBAR
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoctorMayat View Post
                      dang!!! have to redo again...
                      hehe.. its ok.. can ask kkk pay u overtime..
                      www.MalaysianGallery.com

Comment

sorry guys... trying to fix it whole morning liao..

I promise the pics will come back in one way or another... dang dang dang

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrate!!

Comment

Tahniah ....

Comment

Working...
                              X