Nikon announced D7500 model back in April 2017, but only till now Nikon Malaysia has officially announced the pricing and releasing the camera to dealers nationwide.
There will be two variants: Body only, Body + 18-140mm kit set
- D7500 Body = SRP RM6,348.00 (incl. GST)
- D7500 Kit with AF-S DX 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G VR = SRP RM7,498.00 (incl. GST)
Of course, street price should be much lower, which you can find at ShaShinKi.com
Original Press Release by Nikon on 12th April 2017:
THE NEW NIKON D7500: SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE THAT DRIVES THE DESIRE TO CREATE
Exceptional Speed, Precision and Low-Light Ability Has Never Been as Attainable; The New D7500 Uses the Same Powerful Imaging Sensor and Includes Many Features from Nikon’s DX-Format D500 Flagship
MELVILLE, NY (April 12, 2017 at 12:01 A.M. EDT) — Enthusiasts are a distinct type of photographer, who go to great lengths in the relentless pursuit of the perfect capture. It is for this user that Nikon Inc. announced the D7500 today, an advanced-level DX-format DSLR that provides a robust yet lightweight camera with powerful performance and premium features. Using the same 20.9-megapixel image sensor, processor and wide ISO range as the D500, Nikon’s flagship DX-format DSLR, the D7500 incorporates an exceptional combination of stunning image quality, impressive speed, astounding low-light ability and 4K UHD video capture, yet remains within reach for a diverse array of image makers and creators.
“The Nikon D7500 was engineered to be as versatile as the photographer using it, and excels whether shooting fast-action sports, stunning low-light landscapes, distant wildlife, glamorous portraits or multimedia content,” said Kosuke Kawaura, Director of Marketing and Planning, Nikon Inc. “This is a camera for the photographers who are serious about their passion, infatuated with the next frame and above all else, want speed, small size and an excellent value.”
Balance Image Quality and Low-Light Performance
The new D7500 features Nikon’s latest 20.9-megapixel DX-format imaging sensor and EXPEED 5 processing engine, the same high-performance heart of the Nikon D500. Designed to excel in a wide array of shooting conditions, the D7500 eliminates the optical low-pass filter (OLPF) for maximum sharpness and clarity, with the class-leading dynamic range flexibility that is a hallmark of Nikon DSLRs. The compact DX-format form factor also gives photographers extended focal length reach that is an advantage for sports and wildlife photography, especially when coupled with the vast selection of available NIKKOR lenses.
Whether shooting a landscape at dawn or sports under indoor lights, the D7500 affords the latitude of low-light capability to consistently nail the shot, time and time again. Even in the most challenging light, users can capture images with minimal noise, thanks to a native ISO range that spans from 100-51,200, and an expanded ISO range up to an astonishing 1.64 million equivalent. Those same stellar image quality and low noise virtues also apply to those shooting video, whether it’s a 4K UHD production or a mesmerizing astro time-lapse of the night sky.
Focus with Precision, Capture with Confidence
The Nikon D7500 DSLR gives photographers many new premium features and advanced Nikon technologies to help create incredible images and video:
- The D7500 is fast enough to keep pace with the quickest athletes or animals; capable of shooting at up to 8 frames-per-second (fps) with full AF/AE, with an expanded buffer of up to 50 RAW/NEF (14-bit lossless compressed) or 100 JPEG images.
- Nikon’s proven 51-point AF system covers a large portion of the frame. A Group-Area AF function has been added, which is a preferred focus mode for those shooting fast action.
- The slim, tilting 3.2” 922K-dot touchscreen LCD can be used to easily control, compose and play back, even while mounted to a tripod. The menus can also be easily navigated using the touchscreen function.
- Like the Nikon D5 and D500, the 180K RGB Metering system is used with the Advanced Scene Recognition System to help ensure balanced exposures and fantastic color rendition in nearly any shooting situation.
- Lightweight DX form factor allows for an agile, comfortable body with deep grip and comprehensive weather sealing. The monocoque body is durable and approximately 5% lighter than the D7200 and 16% lighter than the D500.
- Shoot all day and well into the night with up to approximately 950 shots per charge (CIPA standard).
- Like the D500 and D5, the Auto AF Fine Tune feature when in Live View allows users to automatically calibrate autofocus with specific lenses if needed.
- Through the Retouch menu, users can access an in-camera Batch Process RAW Converter that can handle multiple images to optimize workflow.
- The camera’s pop-up flash can act as a Commander for remote Speedlights, while the camera is also optimized to function with line-of-sight using SB-500, SB-700 and SB-5000. It can even support the radio frequency control system of the SB-5000 when using the optional WR-R10 accessory.
- New Auto Picture Control function analyzes the picture scene and automatically generates a tone curve within the camera.
- Images can automatically be downloaded to a compatible smartphone, and the camera can also be triggered remotely using Built-in Bluetooth1 and Wi-Fi2
Multimedia Capabilities for Creators
The Nikon D7500 adds in a diverse array of advanced features for multimedia content creators, including 4K UHD (3840 × 2160/30p) video capture and the ability to produce awe-inspiring 4K UHD time-lapse movies in-camera. Video files can be stored as either MOV files or as MP4 files, for greater flexibility and easier playback on a wide range of devices. Like the D500, the D7500 offers 3-axis built-in e-VR image stabilization when shooting 1080p Full HD video, and can be easily focused using the rear touchscreen function.
For the advanced videographer, the D7500 offers simultaneous 4K UHD output to card and uncompressed via HDMI, as well as a headphone and microphone jack for pro-level audio recording and monitoring. To allow for smooth exposure adjustments, the camera also supports power aperture for smooth and step-less depth-of-field transitions while users can also keep highlights in-check using visible zebra stripes in live-view mode.
Price and Availability
The Nikon D7500 will be available in Summer 2017 for a suggested retail price (SRP)* of US$1,249.95 for the body only configuration, or with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens for US$1,749.95 SRP*. For more information on the Nikon D7500 as well as the latest Nikon products, please visit www.nikonusa.com.
1.The camera’s built-in Bluetooth® capability can only be used to connect the camera to a compatible smart device running the SnapBridge app, and to take advantage of SnapBridge features.
2 This camera’s built-in Wi-Fi® capability can only be used with a compatible iPhone®, iPad®, and/or iPod touch® or smart devices running on the Android™ operating system. The Nikon SnapBridge application must be installed on the device before it can be used with this camera.
- Using the SnapBridge App System Requirements:
- Android 5.0 or later or 6.0.1 or later
- A device with Bluetooth 4.0 or later (i.e., a device that supports Bluetooth Smart Ready/Low Energy) is required.
The SnapBridge app is available for compatible iPhone®, iPad® and/or iPod touch®, and for smart devices running the AndroidTM operating system. The app can be downloaded free of charge from Apple’s App Store® and GooglePlayTM. SnapBridge can be used only with compatible cameras.
*SRP (Suggested Retail Price) listed only as a suggestion. Actual prices are set by dealers and are subject to change at any time.
Nikon D7500 specifications
Price MSRP $1299 (body only), $1749 with 18-140 VR kit lens Body type Body type Mid-size SLR Sensor Max resolution 5568 x 3712 Other resolutions 4176 x 2784, 2784 x 1856 Image ratio w:h 3:2 Effective pixels 21 megapixels Sensor photo detectors 22 megapixels Sensor size APS-C (23.5 x 15.7 mm) Sensor type CMOS Processor Expeed 5 Image ISO ISO 100 – 51200 (expandable to 50 – 1640000) Boosted ISO (minimum) 50 Boosted ISO (maximum) 1640000 White balance presets 12 Custom white balance Yes (5) Image stabilization Digital only Image stabilization notes 3-axis Electronic for Full HD and below Uncompressed format RAW JPEG quality levels Fine, Normal, Basic File format
- JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine, normal, or basic compression (Size priority); Optimal quality compression available
- NEF (RAW): Lossless compressed, compressed 12 or 14 bit
- NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single Photograph Recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG Formats
Optics & Focus Autofocus
- Contrast Detect (sensor)
- Phase Detect
- Selective single-point
- Face Detection
- Live View
Autofocus assist lamp Yes Manual focus Yes Number of focus points 51 Lens mount Nikon F Focal length multiplier 1.5× Screen / viewfinder Articulated LCD Tilting Screen size 3.2″ Screen dots 922,000 Touch screen Yes Screen type TFT LCD Live view Yes Viewfinder type Optical (pentaprism) Viewfinder coverage 100% Viewfinder magnification 0.94× Photography features Minimum shutter speed 30 sec Maximum shutter speed 1/8000 sec Exposure modes
- Aperture Priority
- Auto (flash off)
- Manual (M)
- Programmed auto with flexible program (P)
- Scene Modes
- Autumn Colors
- Beach / Snow
- Dusk / Dawn
- Night Landscape
- Night Portrait
- Party / Indoor
- Pet Portrait
- Special Effects Mode
Built-in flash Yes (Pop-up) Flash range 12.00 m (at ISO 100) External flash Yes (Hot-shoe, Wireless plus sync connector) Flash modes Auto, On, Off, Red-eye, Slow sync, Rear curtain Flash X sync speed 1/250 sec Drive modes
- Quiet continuous
- Quiet shutter
- Continuous high
- Continuous low
Continuous drive 8.0 fps Self-timer Yes (2, 5, 10 or 20 sec) Metering modes
Exposure compensation ±5 (at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps) AE Bracketing ±5 (2, 3, 5, 7 frames at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1 EV, 2 EV steps) WB Bracketing Yes (3 frames in 1-stop increments) Videography features Format MPEG-4, H.264 Videography notes Supports MOV and MP4 packages Modes
- 3840 x 2160 @ 30p / 144 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 3840 x 2160 @ 25p / 144 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 3840 x 2160 @ 24p / 144 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1920 x 1080 @ 60p / 48 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1920 x 1080 @ 60p / 24 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1920 x 1080 @ 50p / 48 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1920 x 1080 @ 50p / 24 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1920 x 1080 @ 30p / 24 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1920 x 1080 @ 30p / 12 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1920 x 1080 @ 25p / 24 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1920 x 1080 @ 25p / 12 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1920 x 1080 @ 24p / 24 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1920 x 1080 @ 24p / 12 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1280 x 720 @ 60p / 24 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1280 x 720 @ 60p / 12 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1280 x 720 @ 50p / 24 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
- 1280 x 720 @ 50p / 12 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM
Microphone Stereo Speaker Mono Storage Storage types SD/SDHC/SDXC Connectivity USB USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec) HDMI Yes (mini-HDMI) Microphone port Yes Headphone port Yes Wireless Built-In Wireless notes Wi-Fi with low energy Bluetooth Remote control Yes (Wired, wireless, smartphone) Physical Environmentally sealed Yes Battery Battery Pack Battery description EN-EL15a lithium-ion rechargeable battery & charger Battery Life (CIPA) 950 Weight (inc. batteries) 640 g (1.41 lb / 22.58 oz) Dimensions 136 x 104 x 73 mm (5.35 x 4.09 x 2.87″) Other features Orientation sensor Yes Timelapse recording Yes (4K output) GPS Optional GPS notes GP-1A